PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Ian

Phaldun
December 22nd, 2009, 04:45
Hello,

I just wanted to start out by saying this site and the ability to play online is very nice. I am married and have a child now and it is nearly impossible to meet my DND friends every Saturday when I am such a busy family man.

I am in the process of creating a very detailed world. When I do finish, I will turn it into a game by applying the DND rules to it. It is going to be magnificent. Although I do love fantasy, I am still kinda new to all the more complex rules of the DND system. In the future I will probably be asking for any and all advice on many different things when I apply it to my creation. Everything will be from my imagination except for the race of Humans. Therefore, it will be complicated for me to adapt the rules and stats for creatures, races, and mionsters on my world.

In the meantime, I am very very interested in being involved in someone else's world on here. I would like to join a world online and create a character. I am very interested in trying this. When I am so busy and cannot leave the house, this is so perfect. I wish anyone to let me know if you are looking for new players and let me know the scoops of what I have to do.

Mahalo,

Ian

Foen
December 22nd, 2009, 06:25
Welcome to the FG forums Ian, hopefully you will find us friendly and helpful. The best place to look for a game is the forum called Guild House, but you will find (just as in RL) there are more players and GMs, so you are doubly-welcome here!

Stuart

Phaldun
December 23rd, 2009, 04:04
I am greatful for your warm welcome. May I ask which thread I would go to for advice on adapting my creations.... such as races, monsters, eco systems, to the DND rules? Where would I go to recieve such sound advice as what I need?

Sigurd
December 23rd, 2009, 04:31
I hope you find the site helpful Phaldun but I should warn you that there are perhaps better sites for game mechanics and home brewing. This site supports FG2 and several game systems. Mostly it concerns itself with hooking people up and\or sorting out their program issues.

I would recommend a D&D focused website for solving the game mechanics issues of your setting. Perhaps:

https://www.giantitp.com

Look for their 'Homebrew Design (d20 and RPG) (https://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)' forum.

https://www.enworld.org/forum/index.php

Enworld is a big site with lots of people.

Both of these sites are more focused on the playing\writing\modifying of the game. You might find more people doing stuff you can learn from and\or people to comment on your game world as you develop it.

This is not to say, of course, you can't ask questions here but as I said these sites are more for the nuts and bolts of D&D setting creation.

Good luck, Sigurd

Foen
December 23rd, 2009, 04:33
Like Sigurd says, but if you wanted to post here then I'd suggest The Commons sub-forum.

Oberoten
December 23rd, 2009, 07:30
And of course, I warmly recommend www.gamingarmy.com as well.

- Obe