PDA

View Full Version : [Interest Check] AD&D 1E game

Alucard
December 22nd, 2009, 03:08
Just seeing if there is any interested EXPERIENCED Players out there B4 I decide the setting and adventure. I am asking that players be at least 18, and have skype with a decent headset.

I want this to be a long term, so if you are interested make sure you are ready for it

I am aiming to hold the game on Saturdays early afternoon.

I am on EST zone.

I have to admit I have never used FG 2, but i am willing to buy/learn to host a game...

Thanks!

Dagnalis
December 22nd, 2009, 03:54
Why do players have to be at least 18? is it a maturity thing or is that you want people who may have some experience with AD&D?

bislab
December 22nd, 2009, 06:07
I have an interest in this. Would it be every week, bi-weekly, etc? I am also EST.

Alucard
December 22nd, 2009, 23:18
Why do players have to be at least 18? is it a maturity thing or is that you want people who may have some experience with AD&D?

Nothing to do with maturity or experienced players, it has to do with sometimes players get a little crazy and things become more then pg-13... long story short, a few of my players did do somethings that were a bit off color and not deemed right for a game, according to the 16 year old's mother who proceeded to grab the headset and started screaming... was quite annoying and funny when I disconnected her.

Sum it up, I don't care, but you play at your own risk and we use the "don't tell me your under 18" policy. :)

I have an interest in this. Would it be every week, bi-weekly, etc? I am also EST.

I am looking at Bi-weekly at the moment, but if enough interest comes into the game, I can push it upto weekly.

Far as anyone else is concerned, I am a very on the fly DM for rules, I have simplified combat a bit.

If interested Check out OSRIC, which is AD&D 1E for free, just some minor changes in name and updated for easier understanding.

Also, I want to expand on experienced as in has played before in the past.

Answulf
December 23rd, 2009, 01:07
Wouldn't you need to be about 40 years old to have 1E experience? I'd say no one under 35 if I were you... :p

Alucard
December 23rd, 2009, 01:12
Wouldn't you need to be about 40 years old to have 1E experience? I'd say no one under 35 if I were you... :p

lol nice. I guess tha counts me out too lol

Dagnalis
December 23rd, 2009, 02:37
I'm fine with the whole off the chart things send me a PM with some details when the first session is

Alucard
December 23rd, 2009, 14:57
I'm fine with the whole off the chart things send me a PM with some details when the first session is

ok will do. Aiming to start after the holidays, also trying to learn my around FG2.

so two players so far..

xaotik1
December 23rd, 2009, 23:02
I'd love to play, but I can't use a mic. I have no problems listening in and typing responses, there's just something wrong with my comp itself that won't allow me to access it.

Aside from that, I've been playing off and on since the basic boxed set first hit the shelves, and am currently finishing off a 3.5 campaign on fg, so I am at least passingly familiar with the mechanics of FG itself.

I use Labrynth Lord (https://www.goblinoidgames.com/labyrinthlord.html) for my 1ed games, and it seems almost identical to what you are planning on using, so I doubt there will be an issue on that end of things. If you can deal with my having to type everything, I'd be happy to join in whenever you get it going.

tenkar
December 24th, 2009, 02:25
I'd love to play, but I can't use a mic. I have no problems listening in and typing responses, there's just something wrong with my comp itself that won't allow me to access it.

Aside from that, I've been playing off and on since the basic boxed set first hit the shelves, and am currently finishing off a 3.5 campaign on fg, so I am at least passingly familiar with the mechanics of FG itself.

I use Labrynth Lord (https://www.goblinoidgames.com/labyrinthlord.html) for my 1ed games, and it seems almost identical to what you are planning on using, so I doubt there will be an issue on that end of things. If you can deal with my having to type everything, I'd be happy to join in whenever you get it going.

LL is more a Basic/Expert clone. OSRIC is the clone you need for 1st ed (it is also free in pdf)

xaotik1
December 24th, 2009, 15:45
I'll download it and look it over, though I still don't think the rules themselves will be much of an issue :)