PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Pulp Serials!

malachi666
December 22nd, 2009, 01:32
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am thinking of putting together a Pulp serial. I am looking to run a series of adventures involving a wide range of topics and genres. Primarily I would like to work in the Adventure/Lost World/Treasure hunter genre. But I would also like to delve into Horror and even Sci Fi once in a while. I would like the series to be serious, but fun. I am looking for a goup of mature dedicated players that want to take part and join in the fun. The system I want to use is Savage Worlds (of which I have a full copy for FGII).

For those of you that are not familiar with this system, you can find a copy of the quick start rules to whet your appetite. I have not decided yet on when I want to play, but I would like to open it up for discussion amongst those of you that are interested. The only time I cannot play is every other Wednesday, as I am in another game at that time.

I would also like to use VOIP like Skype, as I found it tends to mimic real table top gaming as compared to typing.

Anyways you can post here or email me at chambers(dot)jeremy(at)gmail(dot)com if you are interested. I will post more information as I come up with some ideas.

I should also let you know I am in the EST.

Indarien
December 22nd, 2009, 01:40
I have never really tried Skype for conferencing multiple people together, but most groups that I have played in use Ventrilo (www.ventrilo.com) The client and 8-user server is free and it works really well as a voice chat client.

Just a suggestion of something to consider.

(Not that I am trying to advertise Ventrilo, I just think it works really well for tabletop-style speech.)

malachi666
December 22nd, 2009, 03:01
The group that I am currently playing with use Skype and we havn't had any problems thus far. But thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind.

malachi666
December 22nd, 2009, 23:23
No one interested?

sonicspeedx13
December 22nd, 2009, 23:45
im new to all this...and i am only useing the free limited give out there giveing out right now...i can try to play if you want but im really new at it all...but becues i got so much going on in the house i live in it woulddnt be the best idea to use voice chat with some people, at lest not for me.

rudedd
December 23rd, 2009, 04:46
No one interested?

I'm intrigued and would like to hear more of what you are thinking. Would this be a series of one shots, a campaign, mini campaigns in each genre?

I'm also in the EST. In terms of when, I'm out on Wednesdays for sure.

malachi666
December 23rd, 2009, 14:23
rudedd,

I was planning on a single campaign for sure. Now that i have read my original post I see where the confusion is, my bad.

Basically my plan is to utilize a little from each genre to keep th game fresh and exciting. Now this doesn't mean that the chracters will start out hunting for lost cities and then fly into outer space or anything. But basically I want to keep options open.

malachi666
December 23rd, 2009, 16:02
Actually, my module planning is very influenced by Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Lovecraft to be honest.

malachi666
January 3rd, 2010, 21:04
Sorry I have not been posting here lately. I have been quite busy with the holidays.

I am still working on the first story. Just about done in fact. If you are still interested, I will be creating a new thread with the details shortly. I am looking to start this game on Monday January 11th. If this is a problem please let me know.

Thanks.

malachi666
January 6th, 2010, 17:01
You will find my new thread titled [Savage Worlds] Amazing Adventures!