PDA

View Full Version : Token Problem after update 2.6.4

Humanoide
December 20th, 2009, 11:55
hello, after update 2.6.4 i can't drag toteks(all, host, general...) nothing.

tokens only show in personalities's modules preload

(sorry if my english is bad)

thanks

Foen
December 20th, 2009, 12:24
I am also having problems, hopefully Doug will fix them soon.

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you find us helpful and friendly (if a bit english-speaking).

adminwheel3
December 20th, 2009, 16:04
Same issue - May have to cancel my last game for a month because of this.

Would have been keen if this had been rolled out as a test first before being submitted to the populace as a whole as a stable update. That's a pretty basic to the development process.

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 17:12
Sorry about that guys. I thought I had tested it thoroughly on my end. I rolled back the last patch, so you can do a new update and you should be back to 2.6.3. I will look into the problem you experienced with 2.6.4 and go from there.

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 17:37
Can you provide some additional information about the exact problem you experienced?

I CAN:
- drag tokens from the token box to other places in the token box when scrolled up/down or not at all
- drag tokens to images when scrolled up/down or not at all

I can NOT:
- drag a token and drop it onto a personality within a ruleset that supports that

I am not sure why dragging to an image works but dragging to a personality or a tokencontainer is not working, but I should be able to get that fixed soon. Do any of your personalities already have tokens assigned and do those have the same problem? Is it safe to assume the combat tracker tokens are behaving the same way?

I will test further on my end, I just want to make sure I cover all the bases. The next "fix" for this will go out to the TEST licenses only until they've had a sufficient chance to play with it.

Foen
December 20th, 2009, 18:12
The next "fix" for this will go out to the TEST licenses only until they've had a sufficient chance to play with it.

Just out of interest, what happened to the facility to switch between test and normal modes using the TestModeManager tool? Is that the same as 'TEST' licenses?

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 19:57
Yes, that is what I am referring to. In order to test, you have to run the TestModeManager program and you also have to have your license flagged to allow testing. At least, that is my current understanding of it.

unerwünscht
December 20th, 2009, 20:12
I think the use of the test or beta distro is an excellent idea. But please, please please please....... When you give a list of things updated/modified in the new version, make it a full list. :) As if I have not complained about the previous owners enough, LOL. They had started building a reputation for 'silent' changes, and that is a VERY dangerous path in my opinion.

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 20:16
That is certainly my intention. In this instance, I think the problem was really more to do with unit testing and not full regression testing. The area causing problems now is in an area where I didn't actually modify any code.

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 21:12
Yes, that is what I am referring to. In order to test, you have to run the TestModeManager program and you also have to have your license flagged to allow testing. At least, that is my current understanding of it.

I'm sorry, I was slightly incorrect there. Your license needs to be flagged as a developer to use the testmodemanager in DEV mode. The TEST mode is available to everyone publicly with any valid license.

Foen
December 20th, 2009, 21:27
Ooh, I'm not certain of the difference. In the past, I (and I think any other user) could run TestModeManager and access the pipeline version of FG.

Are you saying there are more than one such test versions (a TEST and a DEV version)?

Foen

unerwünscht
December 20th, 2009, 22:41
Ooh, I'm not certain of the difference. In the past, I (and I think any other user) could run TestModeManager and access the pipeline version of FG.

Are you saying there are more than one such test versions (a TEST and a DEV version)?

Foen

I'm not sure how they are/were doing it. But typically in the software design industry there are a few versions of the program at any given point. There is typically the Developers version (available only to the dev team), The Closed Beta version (Available to the dev team, and select people the company trusts to test new code.), The Open Beta Version (open to a larger group of people, these versions are generally considered beta wave or Release Candidate in the later stages), and the live version (hopefully obvious that this is the current end product).

Now, not all companies follow this model, when I worked for MP Interactive (later L4 Software) the dev team was small enough that there was the programmers version, and they would then pass that down to us in the test department, and we would then send it back to the with our notes on bugs etc. Leaving only one version of the application at any point in time. Typically with this model you end up with a better end product, but it can take 10 times as long to finish.

ddavison
December 20th, 2009, 23:45
Yes, there can be three builds for each product with the current patch model: Dev, Test and Live. The same build can be assigned to all three categories, and typically is when the build is stable and no new development is under way. The TestModeManager application has a third option to enable the Dev version, on top of the Test and Live/Release version. Since I am the only one developing at the moment, I merely compile the versions locally and distribute them to my test boxes on my network.

I know better than to do all my own testing, but I still made the mistake of skipping the public test phase with 2.6.4. I will plan to avoid that in the future.

Humanoide
January 2nd, 2010, 12:26
Hello and Happy new year.

i have a new problem with update 2.6.4 but maybe it's normal for some reason.

When i create a grid on the map and lock token for good size ,the token disappears when i zoom in

thank you

Leonal
January 2nd, 2010, 13:17
Just tested and I can also confirm the above.

ddavison
January 2nd, 2010, 20:09
Confirmed and fixed. A new patch is available. It only appeared to affect zooms in one direction as far as I could tell.