PDA

View Full Version : 4E 'Scales of War', Mondays 6-10pm Central Time

willquestion
December 16th, 2009, 11:20
I'm looking for players who want to play the 'Scales of War' Adventure Path released by WOTC in their Dungeon Magazine. We'll be playing weekly on Mondays from 6-10pm Central Time. This will be a 4th edition game. I have two players thus far and I would like a total of six players so it won't be a big deal if a player or two can't attend a game.

The games will be "traditional" D&D, meaning it will be well balanced when it comes to the amount of Role Playing and Combat in the game. Players will be expected to have some kind of backstory to their character and idea of their personality.

We'll be using Ventrilo and all players are required to use it, so no pure text players please. The three of us already in the group are close, personal friends. To be more specific, one is my wife, and the other player is my bestfriend and was a groomsmen at our wedding. We've been playing 4th edition in our in person PnP group since it was released mid last year. We really hope to become good friends with whom we play D&D with on Fantasy Grounds just like we have done with our Pen & Paper group.

So, if you're interested in joining us in some good times, then apply below and at the calender HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=442).

Cheers,
Will

sequel7
December 16th, 2009, 19:40
Hey Will,

I'd love to join you guys. I've never played using FG before, but I imagine it shouldn't be an issue. The only issue for me is that I wouldn't be able to start playing until January, as I'll be out of town till then. If the campaign can wait that long, great.

I'd likely be playing a drow sorcerer, for whom I have a reasonably elaborate backstory worked out.

Thanks,
Anthony

JMOxx75
December 16th, 2009, 22:43
I wouldn't mind playing in a game. I have played DnD since I was 10 (34 now). I enjoy playing rogues, fighters and rangers. I have only played in one campaign using FG so far.

willquestion
December 17th, 2009, 02:31
Hey Guys,
So far what we have planned is on Dec. 21st (Monday) we'll be getting together to work on characters, get to know each other a bit, and start having you guys download the material from my computer. The first real game will be on Dec. 28th ( a Monday as well).

Sequel, I can hold a spot open for you. We can work out a way of introducing your character on the Jan. 4th game. Nothing like a dramatic introduction. Or, if everyone is okay with postponing just one week, we can just make Jan 4th the day we start the campaign. I'm fine with either way really.

~Will

CodeRedMountainDew
December 17th, 2009, 03:22
I am interested as well if there are anymore spots open. I've been playing for almost 20 years, and regularly run rpga events as well.

As for what i like to play - I'm all over the board. Sometimes I'll come in with a character concept, or sometimes I'll just play what the party needs and make a cool character out of that.

sequel7
December 17th, 2009, 04:59
Sounds great, thanks.

If you're in need of web space/forums to get everything organized, I'm an IT guy, so I'm sure I could throw something up fairly quick and we could polish it later.

willquestion
December 17th, 2009, 11:20
Hey Anthony (Sequel),
Yeah, it would definitely be helpful to have a website for us to use. I was thinking about simply having a Yahoo, Google, or Facebook group. We can go that route or whichever you think will work the best. I usually use tavern names as the group name. For instance, 'Bogwater Tavern' is used for my Pen & Paper group. The characters actually begin the whole campaign and meet for the first time at the "Antler and Thistle" tavern. So that's a possibility.

Cheers,
Will

willquestion
December 17th, 2009, 11:22
Hey CodeRed,
Sounds good. Just go ahead and join up on the Calender page at:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=442

leozelig
December 17th, 2009, 13:37
Will,

Glad to see you are getting the campaign started! I am looking for a game since a recent catastrophic crash claimed my application data folder, bringing my campaign to an abrupt halt... :mad:

I have been hoping to play SoW for some time now, so I am very interested in joining. I can help provide you with portraits, tokens, library modules, and whatever else you might need. I am flexible with classes, have probably played a little of everything in the past, and my focus is very much on character concept. I pick a character and stick with him, and I enjoy playing PCs with a balance of strengths and weaknesses (and I don't mean playing a wizard with Str 6 :D ).

I will submit my request to join on the calendar. Would be willing to run short adventures from time to time if you want a break or just need time to prepare the next segment of the adventure path.

Cheers,
Z

sequel7
December 17th, 2009, 14:20
Alright, I've decided to give the Obsidian Portal a shot.

Basically the Obsidian Portal is a web site that's set up specifically to help RPG groups manage and keep track of campaigns. It's got spots for campaign info, character info, NPC info, maps, a message board, wiki, dice rolling, etc.

I think it'll work well, and it's really easy to use. If it ends up not doing what we need it to, we'll move on to other options.

Anyone that's joining this campaign, drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll shoot you an invite to the campaign.

Will, whenever you get signed up I can promote you to DM of the campaign. From there, it looks like I'll still be able to edit stuff. That being the case, if you want, you can feed me campaign background and info and I'll put it on the site, or you can take over. Either way is fine by me. Like I said, it looks like it's pretty easy to manage.

JMOxx75
December 18th, 2009, 00:32
Is SoW in Forgotten Realms?

leozelig
December 18th, 2009, 02:35
There are background choices specific to Scales of War in the character generator (separate from the FR and Eberron choices) so I think it is an original setting, or at the very least different from FR and Eberron.

Will, will you be providing any background information for the first adventure?

primarch
December 18th, 2009, 02:36
Hi!

I signed up to request a spot. Mondays CST is perfect for me (I'm in CST too) and Mondays is a great day for me too. I can play any class needed.

I may have another player willing to get on board if you still need more people.

Let me know.

Primarch

willquestion
December 21st, 2009, 10:42
All of the players spots have been filled. But if you want to be on the waiting list, just join up on the Calendar website. Primarch of course has first dibs if one does open. ;)

willquestion
December 21st, 2009, 10:54
"There are background choices specific to Scales of War in the character generator (separate from the FR and Eberron choices) so I think it is an original setting, or at the very least different from FR and Eberron.

Will, will you be providing any background information for the first adventure?"

Leozelig is right. Scales of War doesn't take place in Forgotten Realms or Eberron. It's in it's own world of sorts. On our Obsidian Portal website I posted all the possible backgrounds characters can have. Each background has a perk to it, very much like in Forgotten Realms when you choose where you're character is from. If you wish to view it go HERE (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/fg-sow/wikis/characters-of-war).

As far as background information for the adventure, we'll be talking about it at our first meeting online on Monday (12-21-09). Just have a general idea of a class or two you're interested in playing. If you're already made one like Leozelig, than that's awesome. That means less time working out the party and the sooner we can start.

I'll see you guys at 6pm!

~Will

Hibiki54
January 15th, 2010, 05:34
You guys looking for another player?

Mondays work great for me and I'm PST so 6pm for you guys is 4pm for me, which works out great if you go later into the night.

I can play any role for the party.