PDA

View Full Version : Typing text in quick, hand-drawn maps

RudyHuxtable
December 15th, 2009, 21:12
Hopefully this is the right forum for this post but this is a question/suggestion. Sometimes players will put themselves in situations that I don't have a pre-drawn map for, and so I need to use the little mini-paint function that lets you draw grids, etc. The one thing I noticed is there isn't a text function that we can use to just type a quick blurb. "This way to Lothlorien," with an arrow, as an example.

Does this feature exist and have I just missed it, or is this something I get to be the first to formally request?

Yay!

Phystus
December 16th, 2009, 00:42
That would be a nice feature, actually.

As a workaround, you could do a quick map in the graphics program of your choice and drop it in the Images folder for your campaign. Then just open it in FG.

~P

Griogre
December 16th, 2009, 00:45
As a work around you can just drop that had with the pointing finger token on the map and then type and drop the text down on the hand. When the players move their mouse over the hand it will display the text.

RudyHuxtable
December 16th, 2009, 17:16
Griogre, that's a great workaround, yes! It works great. I'd still like to have a text to map function, but this is a great tip to use in the meantime.