PDA

View Full Version : GURPS: Star Frontiers?

mr_h
December 15th, 2009, 15:01
I'm looking to see if there is any interest out there in a campaign based on the old Star Frontiers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Frontiers) setting. It was the first game that I actually purchased the books myself and still is a favorite that I'd love to revisit. A few things of note:

-Ruleset: GURPS rules as opposed to the original Star Frontiers rules. This is because 1) there's a GURPS ruleset, and 2) I think it allows for some more flexibility in characters.
-textual, no voice comms. This is because I'd rather focus on the role playing more (I like voice comms, but sometimes I think it interferes with the role playing).
-Laid Back We'd meet once, maybe twice a month. I've got a busy schedule and this would let me keep up on adventures and stuff.
-Forums There would, however, be forums where people could role play or talk when we're not in session.
-I would start with the original Star Frontiers modules, just to get things moving more quickly and get people into things (and it's easier on me:))
-Graphics would probably be more on the simpler side...I just don't have the time I once had for detailed map creation :(
-You'd get your own token OOTS Style (mostly cause those are the tokens I tend to use these days and they're quick :) ).

It wouldn't start until mid January at the earliest. If you're interested, just post here or lemme know in PM's. If I get enough folks, I'll see where it goes.

https://boxofgeeks.net/~mrh/OOTSTokens/Previews/SFRaces.png

gandalf970
December 15th, 2009, 18:48
Loved Star Frontiers, been a while since I played and don't remember too much of the world. I only remember having so much fun playing, I also agree GURPS is the best.

borusa32
April 19th, 2014, 08:38
I liked Star Frontiers-Gurps would work well-maybe BRP is closer in terms of mechanics as SF is a D100 system.

borusa32
May 10th, 2014, 08:01
running a Star Frontiers game tonight-8pm at FG Con-some spaces left. Using BRP-