PDA

View Full Version : Could not complete file transfer...

Leonal
December 15th, 2009, 14:53
Recently in our group we've gotten several of these errors in the chat window after connecting:

"Could not complete file transfer of file portrait_id-00001_token (HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND). Check your network configurations."

with different id numbers.

Happened both when I GMed earlier, and also with another GM in our group today.

Using latest FG (2.6.3) and d20_JPG.

I haven't noticed anything not showing up for me, but those who are in China are sometimes unable to see the map except for the grid.

Any ideas?

Foen
December 15th, 2009, 17:13
This is a common error and I don't think it has any impact on actually running the game. I believe it arises because of the way character portraits are shared: they don't sit on the host machine, but are transferred from the player who owns the character to the other players.

If the player who owns the character doesn't have a copy of the portrait locally (because they have deleted it, or they are running another player's character so never had the local copy of the portrait) then the FG engine will report that the file cannot be transferred.

In spite of that, FG seems to fall back to using a cached copy from the host machine and the portrait still appears.

If you are annoyed by the error messages, just ask each player to re-select portraits for their characters and the issue should go away (because each player will only be able to select portraits that they have locally).

I think that's it

Stuart

Leonal
December 15th, 2009, 17:47
Ah ok, that could explain it yeah.
Thanks. :)