PDA

View Full Version : Looking to be taught!

angelsdecay9712
December 15th, 2009, 01:13
Hello, I am looking for a game of either D&D 3.5 or warhammer 2nd edition. I have the full version of FG2 and this is my first rpg experience and i would love to play a game and learn.

I am quite excited but frankly I havent been able to find a single game even though I have been posting everywhere!

Any help will be welcomed I also have my own vent! Also my time zone is eastern Us time GMT-05:00!

unerwünscht
December 15th, 2009, 01:29
We are starting a 'Sewer Ratts' game over at GamingArmy if you are interested. Basically is a Dungeon Crawl campaign.

angelsdecay9712
December 15th, 2009, 01:36
We are starting a 'Sewer Ratts' game over at GamingArmy if you are interested. Basically is a Dungeon Crawl campaign.

Oh really I am guessing this is D&D? is their anything I should know? Like to make it easier on you guys because I know I am kinda a nub.

unerwünscht
December 15th, 2009, 01:50
To be honest (and not to toot my own horn) I am a decent teacher when it comes to D&D. We will be running with the 3.5 ruleset (because I am not a fan of 4th edition, not really a fan of 3.5 either but its hard to find people who want to do trigonometry just to make a character for AD&D... LOL)

"Sewer Ratts' is an interesting take on the Dungeon Crawl recipe. The basic idea is to send characters into a nasty and hostile environment with mission oriented goals, and then have them slice and dice their way to completing said goals. After they have completed a mission (hopefully only one or two sessions) they get to return home, where they can reap the benefits of their 'honest' living.

The great thing about the game structure is that it is VERY easy to pull characters in and out of the game from session to session. So you don't have to rely on players making it to every game. The other advantage is that with its simple episodic structure, it is very easy to distribute the gaming load to a few DMs so one DM is not getting burned out too quickly.

angelsdecay9712
December 15th, 2009, 01:58
Well I am nervous to be honest with you I don't want to slow people down I joined your group on gamingarmy I will start reading the rules and learn them as best and fast as possible sir. If u need more info from me please ask! Also do I generate a character myself or do you do it?

unerwünscht
December 15th, 2009, 02:02
Characters need to be created in 'session' but I can run a special session for you to help you with character creation and show you some of the basics of the game. And don't worry about being new to the game, I know at least three of the players we have are new as well.

I'm also very selective about players, and don't typically keep players around if they are not willing to recognize that they to were once new to the game, and that helping new players learn the ropes is part of being a good gamer. (Down with WoW players !!!!! LOL)

CrimsonChampion
December 15th, 2009, 12:30
I'd need some help too if possible....

gandalf970
December 15th, 2009, 18:44
I am also new and would like to get a taste of this system. I know 3.5 fairly well (Hated 4.0), so let me know when we can get this party started.