PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Traveller Ruleset

Foen
December 14th, 2009, 21:49
I have been working on a personal-use ruleset for Classic Traveller (and have also been looking at T5 in parallel), and I'm just beginning to assemble the graphics.

The screenshot shows the basic screen layout, as well as the look and feel for lists from the right-hand icons (Story, Items etc).

Cheers

Foen

VenomousFiligree
December 15th, 2009, 07:34
Looks great, nice and clean :)

Foen
December 15th, 2009, 07:39
Clean, I do clean ;)

Thanks for the support, the effect is quite monochrome, but with red accents that echo the original rules.

Just got to get the thing finished now...

unerwünscht
December 15th, 2009, 07:56
Looking good, This is a game I never got to play, but always wanted to.

Valarian
December 15th, 2009, 08:43
Wonderful graphics Foen, I like the brushed metal look.

mr_h
December 15th, 2009, 14:24
Looking good, This is a game I never got to play, but always wanted to.

Ditto, I had some of the original black books from ages ago. Looked like a interesting game.

Oberoten
December 15th, 2009, 23:40
Have the Traveller new era books here, "Fire Fusion and Steel" is one of my all time favourite sourcebooks for real SCI-FI not Space-Opera...

Having the hard maths as a base is FUN. Makes the players go wide-mouthed if you play it right.

- Obe

mr_h
December 17th, 2009, 15:50
Out of curiosity, what is the current/better verison of Traveler out there? Not to start a massive debate, but I haven't actually seen the rulebooks since ...mid 90s? I see there was a Traveller 5 and a Mongoose Traveller (as well as Gurps traveller)?

Foen
December 19th, 2009, 08:28
Hi mr_h

I asked a similar question on the Citizens of the Imperium forums (https://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php) and had this really interesting response (https://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=21083).

Foen

Foen
December 20th, 2009, 08:02
The front page of the character sheet is now complete, and so are the two associated mini-sheets.

Spyke
December 20th, 2009, 12:25
Looks really good, Foen. Are you using the standard graphics element dimensions? If so, when you're done would you mind if I adapt the graphics as a skin for use with the GURPS and d20 rulesets? That way GURPS Traveller and T20 players would also be catered for.

Spyke

Foen
December 20th, 2009, 12:55
Sorry, the graphics don't all use the standard dimensions, but could be adapted to do so.

Happy for these images to be re-used, and I'll publish them when the ruleset is finished.

Spyke
December 22nd, 2009, 08:34
Sorry, the graphics don't all use the standard dimensions, but could be adapted to do so.

Happy for these images to be re-used, and I'll publish them when the ruleset is finished.
OK, sounds good. Let's see how much would need adapting when you're finished.

Spyke

Foen
December 28th, 2009, 18:02
The character sheet is now finished, I'll post some pictures...

Foen
December 28th, 2009, 18:03
The last page.

The Psionics page doesn't show on the player's sheet unless the GM has checked the "Psionics Trained" checkbox.

Foen

Spyke
December 28th, 2009, 18:30
Nice. I like the career history page. Nice touch.

Spyke

Foen
January 9th, 2010, 10:35
This is getting close to done, and I thought I'd post a shot of the combat tracker.

Some of the icons are still outstanding, but otherwise I'm nearly ready to publish the ruleset.

Foen

Spyke
January 9th, 2010, 11:27
Love the brushed metal effects.

Spyke

Valarian
January 9th, 2010, 12:01
Wow, that was quick.

Foen
January 9th, 2010, 12:32
:D Thanks Spyke.

It may seem quite quick Valarian, but this has been work in progress since last May, and I spent a lot of Christmas avoiding my in-laws :o

ddavison
January 9th, 2010, 17:09
That looks very nice. Good work.

Sigurd
January 9th, 2010, 18:23
Really fits the mood of the game - Good Job!

S

Foen
January 9th, 2010, 21:26
Thanks folks, I have released the draft ruleset and announced it in the Armory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11526).

Stuart

Foen
January 10th, 2010, 08:01
OK, sounds good. Let's see how much would need adapting when you're finished.

Spyke

I have added the Traveller(tm) theme to the FG Wiki, and it largely works for d20 with tab control being the bit that needs most adapting.

I'll post on a separate thread in the Gallery.

Foen