PDA

View Full Version : 4eParser Question

JMOxx75
December 14th, 2009, 11:55
I started parsing the Martial Powers as its own separate book. Powers are pretty easy to do but when I opened up my campaign I noticed that there are two complete listings for powers for the fighter. So the PHB list and the Martial Powers list come up no matter which link you selected the powers list from.

Just to be clear if I select the Powers list for fighter from the PHB the powers list from Martial Powers and the PHB show up.

Does this have anything to do with the Class file and since all the powers are Fighter powers is this behavior normal? I assumed there would be separate lists and or an identifier for each list based on the book they came from.

Anyways the only thing I have parsed for the Martial Powers is the Fighter Exploits.

Zeus
December 14th, 2009, 12:12
You may need to set different values for Modestring when parsing the modules. Modules with the same/no Modestring are grouped together by default.

In the 4EParser interface, set the Modestring for your PHB to something like PHB and reparse. For Martial Power try MP.

I believe it won't be necessary moving forward but for now should do the trick

JMOxx75
December 14th, 2009, 12:19
ah thanks man I didn't even think about that. I have yet to use modestring cause i didn't have a reason. Now i do lol.

JMOxx75
December 14th, 2009, 18:33
Does the feature parse not work?

-Feature
{name} {class|paragon path|epic destiny} Feature {level}
{text}

This format is giving me a parse error.
ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException

NVM it only gave me the error for Beast Mastery but none of the others.

EDIT: ok don't have the '&' sign in anything needing parsed it throws the error.