PDA

View Full Version : Need help with FGII connection.

Cheatle
December 13th, 2009, 18:16
Hello all,

For some reason I can not get my connection to work for FGII, every time I run the test it says failure. Last night it was working fine, I have my firewall open for 1802 and I have my port forwarding on my modem/router for 1802, I have no idea what the problem is, thank you for your time.

Cheatle

Darkfaith
December 13th, 2009, 18:49
Has your router been rebooted at all recently? Is the internal IP that you have the port forwarded to reserved for your specific computer? Sometimes if it isn't then when your computer or the router gets rebooted it may change the IP assigned to your computer, at which point it would no longer be forwarding that port to your computer. That's something to check.

Also, because there was an update to FG you may need to reallow it in your firewall. That happens all the time to me with other programs after updates, so it's not a stretch to think it may happen with FG too.

ddavison
December 14th, 2009, 23:01
I helped someone with this before as well that actually had a copy of FG2 still running but invisible. Even though they were able to launch FG2 fresh, the "hidden" instance was still hogging the port 1802. We found it by running a "netstat -a -b" from an elevated cmd prompt.

Close FG2. Type "cmd" in the run window and wait for the search results to appear. Then Right-click on the cmd.exe icon and select run as administrator. Type "netstat -a -b" and look for an entry ending in :1802 on the local address side. It should not be present when FG2 is not running. If anything else is already listening on that port, make sure to end task it through the Task Manager and then check again to make sure it is cleared. Then launch FG2 and it should show FG2 listening on that port.

Cheatle
December 16th, 2009, 14:27
Thanks guys, It actually just started working after a 2nd restart.