PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to connect to me for test.

willquestion
December 12th, 2009, 15:32
I think my wife and I may have finally got our router and this computer setup for hosting a game. I tried the test you can run and it said success. To make sure though I was hoping someone can connect to my computer via FG2 to verify it's set up correctly.
I'm on right now on it and my alias is "tiny user ugly hook". I'll refresh the forum regularly and see if anyone can. If I see anyone actually log onto FG over here, then I'll know it worked.

Thanks,
Will

UPDATE:
Leonal connected to me. So all is good. Thanks again Leonal!!!

Leonal
December 12th, 2009, 15:42
Tested and worked fine.

Happy gaming. ^^

willquestion
December 12th, 2009, 15:45
You're my hero. Now we just have to figure out why one of our friends can't connect to me. I'll have to look at his firewall maybe. Also, maybe his port has to be open on his linksys router as well. But compared to what we just did, it shouldn't be too hard.

Leonal
December 12th, 2009, 15:53
You're welcome. :)
I've only had players having difficulty to connect due to lousy Internet behind the great (fire) wall of China, but checking his router might be a good idea.

willquestion
December 12th, 2009, 16:00
His firewall is Norton and it wouldn't let me go to the area where you can specify protection for individual programs. So he may have to uninstall that one and get another so he can specify to let everything through on Fantasy Grounds. I did disable it for a test but it still didn't connect. So yeah, some playing around with it will be in order I guess.