PDA

View Full Version : some trouble with 4eParser v 4.0.20

Davian Goliath
December 11th, 2009, 12:39
Hello,

I have just started using the "modern" version of the parser (was using 3.5 previously) and was just attempting my first compendium scrape. I was looking to try to get Adventurer's Vault 2 but have been having some problems.

I'm sure it is something that I am doing wrong. First premise: If I am scraping just magic items (as in the case of AV2), do I need to edit the mi.txt file at all before attempting to parse it? Because I am not...it looks to me as the formatting is already correct after the scrape.

Regardless, the compression stage of the parse is taking around 45 mins and I am ending up with a 1.3 Gig file (that aint right). I also tried to run the parse with a very small subset of the mi.txt file with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any of my files.

Take care,

Zeus
December 11th, 2009, 13:03
Strange, check the temporary folder setting and make sure the folder itself just contains the .xml output files for the module.

In fact what are the sizes of the client.xml and definition.xml files? Also are there any other foreign files in the temporary output folder?

Also you might get a faster response if you post 4EParser related issues over at FUM (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/49-DD+4th+Edition+FG+Development)

Davian Goliath
December 11th, 2009, 19:10
Strange, check the temporary folder setting and make sure the folder itself just contains the .xml output files for the module.

...ummm...whoops...didn't think of that...works great now, thank you!

Also you might get a faster response if you post 4EParser related issues over at FUM

Yes, I wouldn't want to wait 20 minutes for a response here...hehe...

Also, that site is rather slow in my browser and is rather painful to navigate.

Thank you very much, Zeph

Zeus
December 11th, 2009, 19:19
Your welcome. :D

As for FUM being slow. Its been like that ever since they changed hosting providers. I'll drop Joshua and the rest of the team a note to see if anything can be done.

For the 4EParser and the 4E_JPG ruleset though, FUM is one of the best sources for help and information. Not only do Tenian and moon_wizard post there but you will find a wealth of information from other users too. Well worth checking out, if not once a week.