PDA

View Full Version : Completely New...

Caladai
December 9th, 2009, 09:23
Hey so i'm completely new to the game. I played a couple of times back in High school and really enjoyed it. But when i played i didn't know all the rules or how things worked very well just kinda went along with the roleplay. Is there any place here i could party with newer players and pick up on the rules? and anyone able to help me make characters and such?

Sigurd
December 9th, 2009, 09:32
Welcome.

Do you have the books for whatever game you're thinking of?

You don't say.

Sigurd

Caladai
December 9th, 2009, 09:34
I do not have any of the books. I think I have found the info online, but if they are required i could go get them or borrow them from a friend. But I wouldn't know which books I would need and such.

Darkfaith
December 9th, 2009, 15:04
I do not have any of the books. I think I have found the info online, but if they are required i could go get them or borrow them from a friend. But I wouldn't know which books I would need and such.
There are many games that are playable under FG II, using different rulesets. Were you looking for Dungeons and Dragons? 3.5e or 4e? There is also White Wolf, Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, Rolemaster, and a variety of others which are all played under different rules. If you know which one you're looking for, I'm sure someone can steer you in the right direction.

Caladai
December 10th, 2009, 01:46
I was looking to join some DnD roleplaying. I'm not sure on the terms much. I think i know that 4E is the newest and i guess i just wanna be apart of whatever is most up to date? but i'm also kinda looking for someone to teach me a little about it or point me in a good direction to learn how to play with people that are also new maybe.

zWolf
December 10th, 2009, 06:16
I don't have a group to invite you to, sooo, take what I say with a grain of salt... It's just, due to Wizards of the coast's licensing rules for 4th Ed. you might find getting 3.5 up and running easier. There are plenty of people playing both versions - but with 3.5 every thing is legit and you can easily find the modules with out having to 'build' them your self, (or find some one willing to 'break ranks' and give them to ya heh.)

anyway, 3.5 DnD may be easier to find a group to get into.

G'luck sir, and Welcome! I think you'll find you enjoy it allot! I sure do!

zWolf -out.

Caladai
December 10th, 2009, 14:23
Hey thanks for all the info! I do hope to be playing DnD and maybe any other fun roleplaying game soon online because I can't find many groups irl around me anymore. Also if anyone happens to read this post and sees that i'm a noob and has a good place i could go learn and train with other new players, or even feel kind enough to teach me anything that would be great. Thx again!