PDA

View Full Version : Error Processing Package Manifest - Ideas?

zWolf
December 8th, 2009, 23:02
Say,

When I hit the start FG II, in the bottom left it says 'update available' if I click that, it goes through 4 lines that say 'checking package (mostly 3.5 related)' but then I get this line:

"Error processing package manifest."

I have had this error ever since I installed FG II on my new supper hooty 64 bit Win 7 system, it doesn't seem to do anything in game, (meaning I can just continue on and had no problems playing in a dark Heresy game that I could tell.)

That said... it still is annoying to have that error pop up and makes me wonder if I'm getting my updates. the 'Update available' button is always on in the bottom left when I start, so I'm thinking that if there isn't a problem now, there may soon be one.

anyway, is this something people are familiar with? any idea as to what I could do to make it go away?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

zWolf -out.

zabulus
December 9th, 2009, 09:40
Errors along the lines of "Error processing Package Manifest" are usually answered by the devs with:

"Contact [email protected], there seems to be something wrong with your license"

That said, I don't know if this still is the correct e-mail address since the change of ownership of FG. I can't seem to find a current support address anywhere on the site.

zWolf
December 10th, 2009, 06:04
Hmmm, probably related to me installing it on the new computer. I'll do a ticket or what ever n see if I can get it resolved.

thanks,

zWolf.

Tenian
December 10th, 2009, 11:31
I seem to remember a lot of times this problem is related to the license key being entered with or without dashes? I can't remember which is required or where it is in the registry but some searches will probably turn up that info. Might be worth trying while you wait :)