PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have DDI chars...how to get Core rules?

Davian Goliath
December 7th, 2009, 15:37
Hello All,

First of all, sorry to hear about the death (suspension) of Tenian's parser. I hope all of that gets resolved, especially considering how much work Tenian has done for this hobby of ours!

Now...back to my selfish desires...

I just test-drove Eugene's new DDI to FG converter - great job, Eugene! The only problem is that I do not have any details for character's powers...because I do not have any of the PHBs modules created in FG.

So...as it stands right now...what is going to be the easiest way for me to get some of the Core rulebooks converted into FG modules? All I really need right now (I think) are the powers from PHB 1 & 2.

I have 4E Parser 3.53.30.0 and a DDI membership. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Tenian
December 8th, 2009, 18:49
Delete that ancient version of the parser. The 4 series parser added DDI support.

The current and only available version can be found here:

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewdiscussion/823-Parser+4020?groupid=49

willquestion
December 10th, 2009, 07:34
This is just my opinion but any regular 4E D&D player should have Dungeons & Dragons Insider. With the Character Builder, Compedium, and regular articles to read, it's definitely worth having. I really love the Character Builder, especially when I'm playing in person because it can print out power cards. Okay, done with my rant. haha

drahkar
December 10th, 2009, 12:41
I think their character builder is nice, but a bit expensive. I can definitely see it being a good addition for any GM running 4E games though.

Tenian
December 10th, 2009, 13:42
Actually if you only subscribe once every few months you get a character builder update that is current. The character builder has the full text of all the powers/items/rituals....so you're getting roughly 80% of the Power books (Martial Power, Divine Power, etc) and the Adventurer's Vault books for a pretty low price.

drahkar
December 10th, 2009, 13:48
That is an extremely good point.

Tenian
December 10th, 2009, 13:56
And of course you currently get access to all the back issues of dragon and dungeon...even those published during the period you were not subscribed. Now you may not want to use much of that content but you can probably find at least a few encounters/skill challenges/ideas in all that content.

All of the back issues are available in PDF form so you can download them for later use.

You can also download the map/art packs as zips instead of an image at a time...that's a minor benefit but if you subscribe for a month, it's worth grabbing them all...you never know when you might need a random map or npc picture.