PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the CoC games?

JudoMonk
December 7th, 2009, 14:28
I was thinking about buying this game to play Call of Cthulhu. For I had, and still continue to do so, GMed many pen & paper CoC adventures but as of yet never played it! Sad...never yet got the chance to play the game I like sooo much(

Looking at the Game Calendar I only see 1 CoC adventure...and that is not suppose to start till late Jan/Feb.

What gives? No reason to buy this game if CoC adventuring is dead...least for me((((

ddavison
December 7th, 2009, 15:03
I'm not sure why the discrepancy with the popularity of CoC in general and the lack of games on the calendar for it. I will say that there is a new module going to release soon for it and maybe it just needed a good module to kick things off. We will be doing a lot more of them in the future and FG works incredibly well for CoC. I have never played it before myself, but the player handouts available within the first few modules I reviewed looked amazing.

It may just be that CoC fans are so far un-aware of the existence of FG or maybe they are just tentative about actually running a game. It might be good to check over on Chaosium's forum or look for other Yahoo or Google groups and try to drum up interest there. There are 142 rulesets sold for it, so there must be interest out there.

Cearlan
December 7th, 2009, 19:07
Well I for one intend to run Masks once two things fall into place

a) ... floating licences, and my being able to afford them, and
b) ... the long-awaited Masks companion is finally released

In the meantime I am seriously considering running Resection of Time - The Strange Death of Kyle Woodson

Norm

Casimir
December 7th, 2009, 21:36
CoC is largely my favorite RPG game, so I've been wanting to pick it up for a while. I haven't purchased the ruleset for it yet (simply haven't had the funds), but as soon as I do hopefully this month I've been planning a bi-weekly game on Monday or Tuesday nights, most likely 8:30 Central US time.

When / if that occurs, I'll advertise it here and put it on the calendar.

ddavison
December 7th, 2009, 22:32
Crack'd and Cook'd Manse will be the first module released and it should hit this month.