PDA

View Full Version : Help can't connect

xxmagex
December 6th, 2009, 16:14
I'm having a problem with FGUII and was hoping someone out there could help.

I have been unable to join any game using FGUII. Every time I try to, I get an Error Message that says "Could not connect to the Host. Check the address and try again." I am connected to the Internet (between attempts I actually downloaded a more current version of FGUII and still got the error message). FGUII works fine on my computer, it just will not connect to a game elsewhere. The player hosting the game tested the address and other also did and they could connect, it's just me or my computer.

Does anyone out there have any ideas or perhaps have suffered a similar problem in the past?

VenomousFiligree
December 6th, 2009, 16:22
How are you trying to connect? Has the GM given you an IP address to use or an Alias?

Sorontar
December 6th, 2009, 17:00
Also you say you downloaded a more recent version of FG2, is the host for some reason not updating his? Are you trying to join an existing game where those playing have agreed not to update because of some functionality in their ruleset which would no longer function?

Where are you trying to connect from, home or college? Similar where are you trying to connect to?

PM sent for you to try and connect to my session, I'll be AFK but you can test.

Spyke
December 6th, 2009, 17:30
I was the host for xxmagex's test yesterday. My copy of FG is up to date and other people can connect to me OK.

This is a weird one.

Spyke