PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Find a Good Group of People

Morden
December 6th, 2009, 03:09
Good day,

I'm 30 years old, and haven't played D&D in some time...needless to say I have longed for it! :)
I have significant experience with AD&D and 3.5E d20. I'm willing to learn new games, or jump into one of the above. I have also experienced both sides of the game table as a player and as a DM.
I'm looking for a core group of good, mature players that are wishing to play on a regular basis once or twice a week...with some flexibility.
I'm new to FG so hopefully the prospective group will be patient with me. As long as I can asking questions, we should be fine. ;)

M

Valarian
December 6th, 2009, 15:47
My group plays Sunday nights (8pm UK time). We aren't running D&D, but there's plenty of game variety and it's a mature group. We're currently finishing off a Corporation game (first part of a campaign), and will probably go back to a Bronze Age Savage Worlds game when this completes. After this, possibly Strontium Dog or another Traveller style game (last was Babylon 5). Then back to Corporation for the next part of the campaign.

There's a Google group for the group if you're interested:
https://groups.google.com/group/european-fg2-sunday-nights

Morden
December 7th, 2009, 00:15
Sounds good. I'm located in Canada, so that should be about 1pm for me. I will need to familiarize myself with the rules. I imagine I can get The Savage Worlds rules here on FG?

Valarian
December 7th, 2009, 08:24
Nope, there's no need to get the Savage Worlds ruleset for FGII unless you're actually planning on running a game. For familiarisation, there's a Savage Worlds test drive document (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf) on Pinnacle's website. The rules we play with are easy to pick up. Don't worry about rulebooks. Do have a look through the FGII user guide though, up in the Library section. It'll help with the basics of FGII. Then, as you say, ask questions.

Morden
December 7th, 2009, 21:35
Great! I printed off the test drive doc. Looks pretty cool, similar to Warhammer's Necromunda. What would you like me to do for a character?
I read most of the FG tutorials...and watched some of the video tutorials. FG seems pretty straight forward.
Do you guys use voice chat as well as written dialogue?
Go ahead and contact me at [email protected]