PDA

View Full Version : Alright thats it! 3.5 time

Pages : [1] 2

ReikaMichiko
December 6th, 2009, 01:23
I have seen person after person craving 3.5 D&D... (myself included) and I think its about time someone stepped up to the plate.

Depending on the schedule of the people who are interested I will determine a day I can DM each week.

We will be using FG2, DO NOT USE A PIRATED COPY, I will know.

You may use any SOURCE books , and if you ask me about a certain supplement book I will give you and ok or a nay.

It will start off at level 1 , any race that doesn't have a level adjustment. (Yes you can be lame and toss in 0 LA templates)

2 flaws / 2 traits

I encourage powergaming, as I do not hold punches in my campaigns.

I highly recommend thinking outside the box in my campaigns, bring some rope. Mabye a shovel to bury your soon to be 6 feet under comrades.

Im looking for at least a 4-5 party group, but If need be I will DM a 3-6.

Max starting gold as suggested by your class.

SHOW SOME LOVE AND LETS GET IT STARTED IN HUR!

Dagnalis
December 6th, 2009, 01:31
I'm free tuesdays ,fridays and saturdays. and looking to stab or shoot things in the face hole area

And i'm GMT -8 so I just need time to get home from school and i'm good from 7pm on

Raznok193
December 6th, 2009, 01:34
im free same days as Danalis, im EST, i think thats -5 GMT

looking to make a fighter for some face smashing action

MikeParham
December 6th, 2009, 01:40
I am very much interested and available to play if the games are on Monday or Tuesday evenings between 7PM and Midnight EST.

Iyasu
December 6th, 2009, 14:55
Super interested. My classes actually end this week before a month long fall - spring semester break.

I'm free whenever! Woo!

ReikaMichiko
December 6th, 2009, 16:53
Hmm so far it looks like tuesdays can be our days, if you need to get a hold of me, email me at [email protected] , I check it every morning and every night. We wont be starting THIS tuesday as I have to check over everyones concepts and such, but we could start next tuesday.

Iyasu
December 6th, 2009, 17:19
If we do start this tuesday I'd be a bit late (Last class gets out at 8:30PM at -6GMT) but I'll be there.

ReikaMichiko
December 6th, 2009, 18:03
If we do start this tuesday I'd be a bit late (Last class gets out at 8:30PM at -6GMT) but I'll be there.
re read my last post :)

MikeParham
December 6th, 2009, 18:18
Could you perhaps tell us a bit about the game setting that you are thinking of using? Also the ratio of roleplay vs combat? I'm good with just about any mix, but it helps with planning the type of character class, traits and flaws that I would choose.

Johan
December 6th, 2009, 18:30
I want in on this.

ReikaMichiko
December 6th, 2009, 18:49
Alright guys , This is now offically closed to only the following people:

1.Dagnalis
2.Raznok193
3.MikeParham
4.Iyasu
5.Johan

As for the campaign , If you would like to email me with SPECIFIC list of questions, that would be alot more helpful I think.

Please also email me with the following
1.Race
2.Class
3.Feats
4.Flaws
5.Traits
6.Best time on Tuesdays that you can play

And lastly as for the ratios , my games ussually start light roleplay with heavy dungeon crawling, and then progress to heavy roleplay.

Adamus
December 7th, 2009, 01:06
I want in for sure. Ive been looking for a 3.5 game for months!! I would like to play monday or tuesday after 5pm EST time. Im very very flexible with the schedule right now so anything really. Thanks!

ReikaMichiko
December 8th, 2009, 16:39
Can I get The players to post your classes on here please. Dont need to add any more info then that, just want everyone to have a gist of what you all have.

Iyasu
December 8th, 2009, 17:11
Just class? Hmm

Barbarian: Varient - Spiritual Totem - Lion

If we end up having too many barbarians I'll go with my Wizard.

Johan
December 8th, 2009, 17:33
Factotum - Melee Skill Monkey if no Rogue I can fill the trapfinder slot as well, can also be the party face, Quickdrawing Iaijutsu Focus Katana user.

Not sure if I'll have enough points for both, but I'll check when I'm done statting out my character.

MikeParham
December 8th, 2009, 21:15
Elven Dragon Shaman here.

Thinking towards wielding a two-hander blade, but will finalize that once I've got the stats and such lined up.

Iyasu
December 8th, 2009, 21:38
This is gonna be awesome, so far we have 3 dude with 2handed swords haha. Oh god this party is gonna rock.

Dagnalis
December 9th, 2009, 02:11
Rage damnit rage!

Johan
December 9th, 2009, 03:19
Rage damnit rage!
Barbarian?

Dagnalis
December 9th, 2009, 03:37
Yeah why is there a problem wiff that?

Raznok193
December 9th, 2009, 04:51
nothing wrong with Barbarians, they're awesome if played right

my Dragonborn Fighter is gonna be ripping **** up though =D

was also wondering what we're doing for ability scores cause i wanted to through a character together to get and idea of what my character will be like

Dagnalis
December 9th, 2009, 05:26
Well this is my first time with a Barbarian so if you got any tips that would help

Johan
December 9th, 2009, 09:32
Well this is my first time with a Barbarian so if you got any tips that would help
I'm gonna hate my damage in comparison for saying this, but........

Variants/Alternate Class Abilities:
Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce(full attack on charge)
Whirling Frenzy Rage Variant for the defensive bonus and extra attack. At level 1 raging, you will hit twice on a full attack which you can do charging. Hell yeah.

STR>CON>DEX>WIS(don't dump this) Wizards will rock you "I dominate the large fellow in the corner frothing from the mouth"

Feats:
POWER ATTACK RARRRGHGHHHGHHGHHHH (definitely)
Improved Bullrush -> Shocktrooper (Accuracy Rocks, AC tanks)
Improved Sunder -> Combat Brute (More Power Attack Damage)
Leap Attack (More Power Attack Damage)
If Half-orc -> Headlong Rush (MORE!)

And for the love of god do not go frenzied berserker or I will kill you myself, in your sleep, with a rusty spoon. Sadly the first jab with that spoon for 1 nonlethal will set you into a frothing rage where you then slaughter everyone in their sleep indiscriminately. It doesn't look like we have a spell caster who can put you down if you do so, and my spells are VERY limited beyond wands and such things.

Now, if you don't want to be OMG CHARGE guy, there's an interesting fear build you could do using Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Imperious Command and something else, I've not used it in a while, but you essentially hulk up and scare the **** out of people.

Barbarian Handbook covers a lot.
https://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2502.0
The order for the day is Roid Rage then charge, charge, charge, and charge some more with the biggest 2Her you can get your paws on.

You can find this stuff in, Unearthed Arcana, Complete Warrior, Complete Champion, Complete Adventurer and I might be missing one or two.

Iyasu
December 9th, 2009, 13:17
Alright. since we seem to have all melee focused I'll be the guy that sacrifices himself and is useless for the first few levels.

I'll be the wizard instead of a barbarian.

ReikaMichiko
December 9th, 2009, 15:47
USELESS?! USELESS?! lol you obviously dont know how to powergame? I have given you all the tools to own even at first level. I suggest you start reading some more Isayu. I expect everyone to be at 120% for my games...

Johan
December 9th, 2009, 17:06
Alright. since we seem to have all melee focused I'll be the guy that sacrifices himself and is useless for the first few levels.

I'll be the wizard instead of a barbarian.
You say that now, but when you're untouchable late game and we're all invalids we'll be the useless ones :P (hell, for awhile now, note: years, the optimization boards have been trying to kill an optimized wizard with a non-magical class and it's so far proved impossible if they have general defensive spells and equipment on.)

It's not hitting hard enough to kill a wizard that's the problem, it's the fact if they don't want you near them you won't be, what with there numerous save or dies, teleports, force barriers/cages, adamantium shrunken cone hats that block AMFs. I happen to be losing hmmmm..........plane shift to my own demi-plane where time flows faster, rest 8 hours, come back, F*** S*** up.

But let's be real here, the chance they'll need to retreat with due preparation is laughable.

On topic though, Lv1 wizards can walk all over encounters easily.

Color Spray: Save or Die(coup de grace) for the first few levels, then save or suck until lv4. Too many people try to nuke, magic missile is nothing compared to this at 1st level. This is really all you need, it's a freakin' cone of ownage.
Dawnburst: Everyone glows, detects invisible(!), and any undead take 1d6+1/lvl.

2nd level spell: Glitterdust, Blind enemies from 100ft away, Save or Suck.
2nd level spell: Seeking Ray, 4d6 Damage ignores cover/concealment that isn't total, +4 to hit with rays for 1 round after
2nd level spell: Shatter, you just blew up his armor and weapon, Save or Suck.

Hell, the moment you hit 3rd level, take acid arrow as a spell then grab the Reserve Feat from Complete Mage, Acid Splatter, and you deal 1d6/spell level of the acid spell you have prepared. Simply never cast acid arrow and that's 2d6 ranged acid damage at will. And at 3rd level you still have Color Spray doing it's Blind/stun trick your owning face with that and then 2d6ing people left and right, you have a ranged greatsword in your pocket that few creatures have DR against. And if you go by the wording of you creating an "Orb of Acid" per the Orb of Acid spell, it's a ranged TOUCH attack. You are megaman on a controlled substance from lv1 and that's without taking any Alternate Class Features/specializations/other Uber S***.

If you go sorcerer I think you can pump up the lv1 CL to 3 or 4 using Kobold and Draconic Rates shenanigans.

For Wizard just make yourself middle aged for another +1 to all mental stats(not sure if the ones past that stack).

Wizards are FAR from useless at lv1.

In the event you wanna go full tilt:

A Guide to Wizards, Playing GOD.

https://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=394.0

Iyasu
December 9th, 2009, 17:55
haha man you're delving into level 3. I'm talking purely about level 1 and 2.

Though I appreciate your giant input, you've basically posted what I'm doing (albiet a bit different)

I'm simply stating there's no way I'll be able to outclass the Barb at level 1.

Sadly I've been jaded by old DMs. Everything had a high enough hit die to not be effected by colour spray (Every encounter was either undead, or had an HD of 5) Noone ever used actualy weapons, so shatter was neigh useless.

I'm simply gonna go the way I am now that I've been sufficiently pissed off by it. Trust me, when I say 'useless for the first few levels', I'm thinking in terms of 'not broken'. Just wait till I hit 3rd level. It will start going well for me.

Don't expect 'magic missle! magic missle! magic missle! Uhoh, out of spells! CROSSBOW AT +2 ATK! MISS! FFFF-"

You probably wont see many effect spells out of me, unless the DM will ASSURE me that I'll be able to actually use them. in 90% of the low level campaigns I've ever played it's turned into 'lol no effect against undead/this HD'

ReikaMichiko
December 9th, 2009, 18:45
Alright guys SMALL hints please, not whole pages worth. I want to see how everyone powergames.

Dagnalis
December 9th, 2009, 23:35
Well this seems a bit to serious for me i'm dropping out good luck

MikeParham
December 10th, 2009, 03:30
Iyasu,

Play the Barbarian that you wish to play. We can always work with the GM to hire the support NPCs that are needed, such as an initial healer, and a spellcaster, until we develop the talents within the group. My character will develop very good healing talents over time, perhaps another will have a build that covers arcane spellcasting at some point.

Ksathra
December 10th, 2009, 03:40
If there is an opening I'd like to play. I'd not make anything like punpun but I'd like to play out a Human Dragonfire Adept. Which are rather strong in an of themselves.

MikeParham
December 10th, 2009, 04:02
Lo and behold, an arcane type shows up. not only that, but a third dragontouched... Perhaps a group theme is emerging as well?

Raznok193
December 10th, 2009, 04:23
im loving the dragon theme, dragons are my favorite type of creature in all types of fantasy games =D

Iyasu
December 10th, 2009, 04:42
Hell if our barb has dropped, count me in back as our RAAWRGSMASH guy

Ksathra
December 10th, 2009, 05:02
Nice. If I can play that be so cool. Seeing as I slowly turn into a dragon due to the class. I'm thinking Polite, absent minded, noncombatant and murky-eyed.

Johan
December 10th, 2009, 05:37
See this, now I HAVE to become some type of dragon XD options, options...

I do speak Draconic funnily enough, we could use that as our party language so eavesdroppers can't easily hear us.

My skill points are stretched this like a dress 2 sizes to small on a fat woman.

I can do the trapfinding okay(my search/spot/listen is a little low though), my Conversational skills are very respectable combined with 17cha.

Also, you could let me play...............a Chrono Trigger!
https://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128388
oh, hell yes.

Raznok193
December 10th, 2009, 07:34
ok so i feel like a retard for asking this but are we gonna start playing this next week or do we not know?

cause im really excited about this

Johan
December 10th, 2009, 08:18
ok so i feel like a retard for asking this but are we gonna start playing this next week or do we not know?

cause im really excited about this
I thought it was next tuesday

ReikaMichiko
December 10th, 2009, 10:25
Nice. If I can play that be so cool. Seeing as I slowly turn into a dragon due to the class. I'm thinking Polite, absent minded, noncombatant and murky-eyed.

Welcome to the grp

ReikaMichiko
December 10th, 2009, 10:26
Alright guys , This is now offically closed to only the following people:

1.Ksathra
2.Raznok193
3.MikeParham
4.Iyasu
5.Johan

Iyasu
December 10th, 2009, 13:25
>Noncombatant
>Murkey eye'd

Forgive me if I hate you and your kind that pick flaws that have no actual effect on your characters ability and just give 2 free feats for no penalty to you.

Ksathra
December 10th, 2009, 13:28
Dunno I was told to Power game :P But really he does fight with a longspear, at least until he can get a shield. So it does still effect his ability to do attacks of opportunity. In any case his flaws and traits are kind of part of his backstory.

Johan
December 10th, 2009, 13:37
I have to be level 3 to do any real combat damage :(

MikeParham
December 10th, 2009, 15:27
Not really... with us starting out at level one, against mobs with one or two hit dice you'll do just fine, even if they come in multiples. :)

Now as far as powergaming, that was Bob's request. But to really let us show some love, give us another level so we can do some cross builds!

Johan
December 10th, 2009, 21:29
So what's the reason a diverse group of adventurers such as ourselves are together? Or are we gonna meet up in a tavern and do the tried and true method?

Raznok193
December 10th, 2009, 23:00
we dont know yet, prolly wont find out til we play on Tuesday

ReikaMichiko
December 11th, 2009, 14:07
No extra levels, sorry, your just going to have to count on each other for survivability at the beginning.

Again though , it be wise of you to know when to run , I have no qualms about killing off players.

Johan
December 11th, 2009, 14:27
No extra levels, sorry, your just going to have to count on each other for survivability at the beginning.

Again though , it be wise of you to know when to run , I have no qualms about killing off players.
Aww hell. Better stock up on obscure equipment from random books.

Iyasu
December 11th, 2009, 14:45

When I first read this I didn't take into account what Johan said earlier about needing to be level 3.

I was like 'What?! We're not gonna level at all during the campaign?!?!' haha

Ksathra
December 11th, 2009, 15:09
I think my character has enough Knowledge and smarts to know when to run. Probably be able to tell exactly what ever monster we fight is, by name at least.

ReikaMichiko
December 11th, 2009, 16:24
We need to pick a time monday to do a trial log in, make sure everyone can connect okay, mabye even stick the characters in officially.

Iyasu
December 11th, 2009, 18:14
Anytime monday is fine with me, just finished my final class for the semester so I'm good to go.

MikeParham
December 11th, 2009, 20:37
I am available for setup after around 6:30 PM on Monday, prior to that I'll send you a character sheet with my details. As I mentioned to Bob, my Teamspeak server is also available for voice chat during our planning and gaming sessions if desired.

Re's, Mike

Johan
December 11th, 2009, 20:43
I personally prefer skype for voice chat solutions.

Raznok193
December 11th, 2009, 21:07
either one works for me, i alrdy have skype so that would be eziest for me

if u want i can send a character sheet to u ahead of time as well

and as for times on monday, ne time after 3pm works for me

Iyasu
December 11th, 2009, 23:43
Ah skype or vent is always a nice addition, though if we play into the wee hours (10:30ish+) I probably wont be able to talk much. Roommates a royal witch (Feel free to replace the w as you desire)

I type fast though so I'm totally cool with this vent/skype kind of setup :3c

ReikaMichiko
December 12th, 2009, 00:56
Id prefer not to look at anyone character sheets ... i dont want to bias the campaign/world around your characters... obviously in real life the world doesn't mold itself to suit your needs, neither will mine.

Iyasu
December 12th, 2009, 02:40
Id prefer not to look at anyone character sheets ... i dont want to bias the campaign/world around your characters... obviously in real life the world doesn't mold itself to suit your needs, neither will mine.

Ok, After hearing this I've decided to make a human bear totem barb, with slow as a trait, 18 con, and all 4 feats are toughness.

That should let me live for a few more minutes :3c

I kid ofcourse lol

ReikaMichiko
December 12th, 2009, 11:01
I'd like to mention we have another player joining.. no its not up for discussion..

Johan
December 12th, 2009, 11:43
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bendReality.htm

I"m a terrible person :(

what's the guy playing?

Iyasu
December 12th, 2009, 13:04
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bendReality.htm

I"m a terrible person :(

what's the guy playing?

Shh it's not up for discussion

MikeParham
December 12th, 2009, 13:59
I thought that he's playing was the part not up for discussion.

I too am curious as to what he/she might be bringing to the table.

ReikaMichiko
December 12th, 2009, 14:26
Sadly our 6th player is ill atm, hopefully they will feel better and able to make a character concept by tuesday

Raznok193
December 12th, 2009, 15:17
do we know how we're doing the ability scores, we doing a point buy thing?

and if so how many points?

ReikaMichiko
December 12th, 2009, 15:52
For stats you can do either 4d6 dropping the lowest number 36 times like so

X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
Then take any 6 numbers in a row, either diagonal, up and down, or side to side

or

1d8 + 10

Do me a favor though, dont choose the first one, dislike your results, then pick option 2.

ReikaMichiko
December 12th, 2009, 20:04
I should note all actions have consequences, they may be immediate or down the road. Try to have some forsight

Raznok193
December 12th, 2009, 22:40
i actually like that, makes it feel more like ur in the world

Johan
December 12th, 2009, 23:54
And when the police come to the door I can use my bluff check to point at the fighter :D

"I swear, officer, they were dead when he got there, told me so himself."

Morden
December 13th, 2009, 03:22
If you need another player I'm interested in joining. I'm new to FGs, but very familiar with AD&D and 3.5. I'm flexible on times I can play...and as for a character, I'm open to playing whatever hole you need filled.

Raznok193
December 13th, 2009, 08:58
did a time every get decided for the test run on Monday?

ReikaMichiko
December 13th, 2009, 16:45
im just going to go with .... how bout 5pm (GMT -05:00)

Iyasu
December 13th, 2009, 17:30
Sounds good to me. We'll still need the alias to connect to though so be sure to get that to us :3c

You know, that 4 word combo that's a buncha random stuff (forexample: Cold Camp Idol Wish. or Warm Yarn Ugly Kill)

Also: Aww concequences? I'll be sure to punch every guard I meet then, just to make the game that much more interesting for my party! Haha

ReikaMichiko
December 13th, 2009, 18:28
I just remembered one of my house rules... nat 20 critical hits.

Someone rolls a nat 20, then rolls to confirm , if its a 2-19 and hits, then its confirmed crit.

However if its a nat 20 on the confirm the crit mod doubles (I.E. x2 becomes x4) and the person rolls again to confirm, if that is a 2-19 and confirms then its x4 , if it doesnt confirm its x2. However if by some damn good luck its a nat 20 AGAIN it bumps up to x8 and you repeat the process.

This only happens with nat 20's not all critical hits.

Raznok193
December 13th, 2009, 19:20
lol ok, thats freakin awesome

Ksathra
December 13th, 2009, 20:01
Heh. Like that happens often, maybe I just have bad luck with d20 because I almost never get a 20.

MikeParham
December 13th, 2009, 20:14
I'll miss the 5PM gathering time as I'll not be available until around 6:30, but will join as soon as I can.

ReikaMichiko
December 13th, 2009, 20:46
I just threw out a random time, we can make it 7pm if u like

Raznok193
December 13th, 2009, 21:01
i agree with making it 7pm, it works for me and itd be better to have everyone there

Johan
December 13th, 2009, 21:38
I can show up

Iyasu
December 14th, 2009, 03:24
7PM works for me too. I'll be there

Ksathra
December 14th, 2009, 05:33
I'll try and be there but hard when I dont have FGII till monday. We will see if I can connect at all

MikeParham
December 14th, 2009, 11:09
Will be there, looking forward to meeting everyone.

ReikaMichiko
December 14th, 2009, 21:00
Oily Quill Epic Fang , when its time

Ksathra
December 15th, 2009, 00:01
Yeah looks like I wont be able to connect. I'll buy the program on Wednesday when I get paid and See you guys another time. Sorry :(

ReikaMichiko
December 15th, 2009, 00:15
Told you, np you still get half xp.

Ksathra
December 15th, 2009, 00:21
Heh thanks. Geez I just bought it now, and its gonna take like 6-8 days for them to clear it and stuff. Should have used a credit Card I guess. Paypal is slow.

ReikaMichiko
December 15th, 2009, 00:24
That blows

Raznok193
December 15th, 2009, 03:40
well i must say that tonight was fun, cant wait for tomorrow

Johan
December 15th, 2009, 04:59
yay for fast healing, boo for trees :(

CrimsonChampion
December 15th, 2009, 10:00
Hey... new guy to this... experienced rper, played quite a bit of d&d pc games.. let me know if a spot opens up eh? Thanks.

Email: [email protected]

MikeParham
December 15th, 2009, 11:11
I also had a very good time in last night's session. Looking forward to tonight and many fun adventures with you all.

Iyasu
December 15th, 2009, 14:31
yay for fast healing, boo for trees :(

F-Fast healing?! Why, back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES through the snowy glass covered road BAREFOOTED to reach the nearest cleric. And there he MAY OR MAY NOT have the healing spells and time for you!

You punk kids and your fast healing *mumble mumble*

ReikaMichiko
December 15th, 2009, 15:16
F-Fast healing?! Why, back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES through the snowy glass covered road BAREFOOTED to reach the nearest cleric. And there he MAY OR MAY NOT have the healing spells and time for you!

You punk kids and your fast healing *mumble mumble*

Fast healing is truly a powerful ability, considering you heal at your level in HP every DAY normally... SO what takes a day now takes a round ty to your Dragon Shaman

ReikaMichiko
December 15th, 2009, 16:38
Everyone got 360 xp for the mini game, except of course Kas who gets 180 for being absent.

ReikaMichiko
December 15th, 2009, 16:59
I forgot to write down the damn dukes name / the city, anyone bother to?

Johan
December 15th, 2009, 18:59
Duke Odom, didn't catch the town name

Raznok193
December 15th, 2009, 21:26
2 hours =D

Lysander
December 16th, 2009, 01:00
Not that I'm part of your group... BUT...

Back in my day...

There was only 1 rulebook, and it was made with a paper back, and it had a crappy pirate module in the back...

... and you could only go to level 3

... and all weapons did a d6 in damage

... and the example characters were Bruno the Battler and Mogo the Mighty

... and we had to use paper chits for random numbers, not these fancy 'polyhedral' dice...

... And we could only play 2 other modules: 'In search of the Unknown' and 'Keep on the Borderlands'...

Wait... did I go too far??? :D

Sounds like you having fun, Party On, Dudes!

ReikaMichiko
December 16th, 2009, 05:08
todays game was a bit out of hand

Raznok193
December 16th, 2009, 05:33
u know u loved it man

Johan
December 16th, 2009, 09:43
Ask yourself this, did everyone have fun? Was there tons of laughter and joy at the game table, I call the session a success.

ReikaMichiko
December 16th, 2009, 11:43
I dont mind goofy, but make sure goofy stays out of the campaign in OOC. Im going to start pulling off the gloves slowly each game, and if you dont start taking it seriously/thinking things through, you all are going to be in deep ****.

Johan
December 16th, 2009, 14:51
*prepares secondary character in case of TPK*

second paragraph, third verse: And he who shall dare strike down my character shall learn shortly, I shall rise again stronger than before with great fury and righteous anger I will smite thee thrice. Once for my death, once for my wasted life, and once for my lost level.

XD

Raznok193
December 16th, 2009, 18:30
hey i always take D&D seriously, even if it seems like im goofing around

Johan
December 16th, 2009, 18:48
hey i always take D&D seriously, even if it seems like im goofing around
D&D, serious business.

Naw, but really, if I die I'm totally coming back as a Chrono Trigger. XD

Raznok193
December 16th, 2009, 19:28
lol nice, idk what i would come back as, prolly just another fighter

Iyasu
December 16th, 2009, 20:02
All this talk about TPK... Shameful tsk tsk (Making sure, you mean TPK in the sense of Team Player Kill right?)

I'm just sad I couldn't play my child character idea. I actually looked up the 'template' for it in D&D wiki and dear god, you can instantly tell whoever made that up really just hates kids haha. I mean comeon, kids are not that inept. I've never bothed actually looking up if there were rules for it in the past besides the PHB rule of 'must be 15', but I always ignored that one. I just made my characters as I wanted if it didn't effect any official required rules or super gimp me.

Oh well, its normally a 50/50 split between DMs that let me do it and ones that don't anyway ('A kid? Hah, that gives me some interesting option as a DM!' and the 'A kid? Uh, no, your character is 30. Deal with it' .)

ReikaMichiko
December 16th, 2009, 20:43
All this talk about TPK... Shameful tsk tsk (Making sure, you mean TPK in the sense of Team Player Kill right?)

I'm just sad I couldn't play my child character idea. I actually looked up the 'template' for it in D&D wiki and dear god, you can instantly tell whoever made that up really just hates kids haha. I mean comeon, kids are not that inept. I've never bothed actually looking up if there were rules for it in the past besides the PHB rule of 'must be 15', but I always ignored that one. I just made my characters as I wanted if it didn't effect any official required rules or super gimp me.

Oh well, its normally a 50/50 split between DMs that let me do it and ones that don't anyway ('A kid? Hah, that gives me some interesting option as a DM!' and the 'A kid? Uh, no, your character is 30. Deal with it' .)

D&D wiki is not a good place to search for material, as 90% of it will be unusable in my campaign.

Also I never said you couldnt play 1, i just said ud have to take the stat hit.

MikeParham
December 16th, 2009, 22:19
I had a fantastic time last eve, especially with the interactions involving Wren. The encounters kept everyone on their toes, and when time called for it, we withdrew to recuperate.

As far as the seriousness, when when dealing with my character's actions, definitely I'll always take those with the seriousness of his environment (as referenced from his limited understanding of "common societies"). Being what he is, he grew up in a much more isolated environment, even among his own elven kind, so many of his social mores differ from the norm and his conversation is likely to reflect that at times.

Likewise, in ooc chatting during the session, I'll roll as best I can with whatever comes to the table, all in the interest of good, not too dirty fun. ;)

Iyasu
December 16th, 2009, 23:39
D&D wiki is not a good place to search for material, as 90% of it will be unusable in my campaign.

Also I never said you couldnt play 1, i just said ud have to take the stat hit.

Uggh stat hit of str... terrible for a melee character. I've got it! If this one dies, I'll come back as a wiz/sorc or something.

As much as I love having a interesting/unique type character, its not worth a dent in his primary stat.

Johan
December 17th, 2009, 05:21

Total Party Kill, as in we all die in battle :P

Johan
December 17th, 2009, 11:43
I think I'll make a custom class, yeah,

Special Abilities:
lv1: Bankai

Bankai(su): Yelling the words BANKAI! your sword becomes a sword.

Raznok193
December 17th, 2009, 11:50
im guessing it would also be base off the samurai class

Johan
December 17th, 2009, 12:13
im guessing it would also be base off the samurai class
The actual samurai class is terrible, it can't function as a melee combatant in any form, the only thing it can do is an intimidate build and even that is questionable.

It will be based off nothing but my overactive imagination and every anime/manga/videogame I can think of, mwahahahhahah!!!

Raznok193
December 17th, 2009, 13:45
looks like someone beat u to it

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shinigami_%28DnD_Class%29

Raznok193
December 17th, 2009, 14:39
i know the DM doesnt like using D&D wiki but i thought this would be an interesting class to play

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blade_Master_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29

Johan
December 17th, 2009, 18:41
I'm still trying to come up with a theme for the class, I'm thinking melee. Powerful. Deadly.

I'm gonna jack Sage Mode from Naruto, perhaps the Sharingan as well, kukukuku. The enemy casts Fireball you say? Now I know fireball, it'll be like a spellthief except not made of failure and death. Though if I properly stat **** out it would get broken good, Damage over time flames that burn for 7 days and 7 nights you say, 72hour illusion that deals INT/WIS/CHA damage in 3 seconds you say(standard action). Summon a Ghost Warrior to defend and destroy my opponents you say.

I'll take the fairy from LoZ as a familiar, (Hey, LISTEN!)

The Gunblade from FF8, or I'll just make a Squall type class using FF8/Dissidia as a source for moves.

Lighthawk wings from Tenchi Muyo.

The weapon switching of an Adept Rogue from .Hack//G.U.

I could do all this and STILL not be as broken as a properly built wizard. 9th level spells trump any class ability no matter what, no melee can ever touch a properly prepared wizard. Oh, we can deal damage, we could have an ability that lets us 1-shot any enemy we hit and the ability could auto-hit, but foresight would warn them so they could teleport away, or if that fails they could stand there and take the hit. But OH WAIT, contingency kicks in, worded something to the effect of (If I'm about to take damage planeshift me to my custom made demiplane that apples free metamagics with an altered flow of time so I can rest to full in under 6 seconds on the material plane. Figure out best method of attack, planeshift back and then tear the bumbling fighter apart. Because they may have a 1 hit kill that autohits, but the Wizard has many Save or Dies that they can jack the DC up on to ridiculous levels, rejoice.

I like competitively powerful characters but hate the idea that no matter what I could fathomly build or try to do, a spell can already do it(rage, sneak attack, fighter bonus feats for christ sake aka all they have, animal companions, melee, damage, defense(Miss chances and negations are way better than AC), movement speed bonuses through swift teleportation spells.

I was pumped to make an assassin when 3.5 D&D first fell into my hands, then I took a real hard look at the class compared to base wizard. I had to wait 3! turns, not be seen by the wizard who can foil my stealth with truee seeing, a single mechanical ability just voided my entire class, 10 levels turned useless in the face of a single mechanical ability that requires no unique thought on how to win, just saying I use a single 6th level spell and defeat you, better luck next time. And if you wanna throw salt in the wound use the 4th level spell polymorph to turn into an ungodly abomination that's immune to sneak attack, grants ludicrous amounts of natural armor and other shenanigans that ruin my enjoyment of the game.

But mainly it's up the DM, sneak attack immune enemies make rogues suck in combat, lots of things make rogues suck in combat actually, so when undead are seemingly the overused monsters of D&D you see the problem, or the fact almost all high level enemies have some sneak attack/flanking immunity, or uncanny dodge which is given to classes like candy. A Barbarian can already FaceF*** a rogue easily, but the moment he hits 5th level, it takes a 9th level rogue to get sneak attacks on him, by the time the rogue is 9th level, so is the barbarian and now the rogue has to be 14th level, and you see how it's useless to try.

The only thing making a custom class is for really is being a badass because a wizard can ALWAYS do it better and more efficient, and safer, and cooler, and easier. Fact.

Point 1: Diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, pretty damn useless under most circumstances when they can just charm/enslave/mentally assault their target until they bend to their will. Open Lock, knock, craft it into a wand to save spell slots. Turn ethereal and bypass the traps, it's not like they were ever a threat to you in the first place.

Now after knowing this, my class will be uber, it will tear down the walls of reality that the wizard hides behind and tear him to pieces mob style.

My class will be a mage killer, none of this teleport away bull, he will be a walking dead magic zone or something, able to teleport and invade demiplane sanctuarys and rip away those modified metamagics and time traits. Alright guys, et's do this, LEEERRRRRROOOYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEENNNNNNNNKKKKKKIIIIINNNNNNSSSSS.

Song of Annihilation(ex):
You kill yourself, and when your tainted spirit finds it's destination, you will topple the master of that dark place. From your black throne, you will lash together a machine of bone and blood, fueled by your hatred. This fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, your enemy will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above their bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As you slip through the widening maw in your new form, they will catch only a glimpse of your radiance before they are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down your face, your dark work will begin.

You then open one of your six mouths, and sing the song that ends the Earth.

Extraordinary, lv1 class ability, works in Anti-Magic Field/Dead Magic Zone, immediate action. Now, to design level 2.

bonus points if you figure out where I got the ability from.

tl;dr ownage turned into a class, wizards are OP, rogues suck all kinds of ****.

Raznok193
December 17th, 2009, 22:29
dude, im too lazy to read all that

Johan
December 17th, 2009, 22:36
dude, im too lazy to read all that
tl;dr ownage turned into a class, wizards are OP, rogues suck all kinds of ****.

ReikaMichiko
December 18th, 2009, 00:25
I agree with raznok... i read half of the first sentence

ReikaMichiko
December 18th, 2009, 02:20
KK grp vote, 7th player, its another she.

Im leaving it grp vote because im easily susceptible to these sorts of things

Iyasu
December 18th, 2009, 02:29
Aslong as she isn't whoring herself out at all times like our other aswell I happily vote in another. But things are gonna start getting sluggish (they always do after they hit 7+ players)

MikeParham
December 18th, 2009, 02:43
I am always good for letting a lady play as they are so rare, and often bring a degree of spice to the game. The little bit of extra time is worth it in my opinion. :)

Ksathra
December 18th, 2009, 03:13
I normally only have 3 players max in my table games. 4 if I dont thro in a full npc with them. But Online with all the actions and Rp that can be done I'd say 3 would be nice. 7 is way too much. I mean 6 people with different oppinions and stuff not everyone is going to get there way and its going to be a little chaotic, I guess its already bad at 6 though, 7 wont really change it that much.

Raznok193
December 18th, 2009, 04:15
im fine with it, girls make thing more interesting

Johan
December 18th, 2009, 04:48
The more the merrier, statistically speaking the more targets an enemy has the less likely I am to die.

I agree with raznok... i read half of the first sentence
T_T

Wall of Text crits for over 9000 damage. It's super-effective!

ReikaMichiko
December 18th, 2009, 13:57
well with krystals vote thats 4/6 shes in

Iyasu
December 18th, 2009, 15:36
well with krystals vote thats 4/6 shes in

inb4 another whore bard

Johan
December 18th, 2009, 16:46
Yo, hit me with some uber abilities that should be in an awesome class.

ReikaMichiko
December 18th, 2009, 18:18
krystal and i had a little tif, depending on how bad it is she may not want to play, so instead of gaining 1 we may be going down 1 player

Raznok193
December 18th, 2009, 18:21
u mean wren might be quiting? aw but she was fun =(

Iyasu
December 18th, 2009, 18:25
Really it'd be staying at +/- 0 (6) Since we're still gaining the other player.

ReikaMichiko
December 18th, 2009, 19:14
the other player is wrens friends... that aint happening

were either losing a player or gaining 1

Raznok193
December 18th, 2009, 22:26
aw man, well i hope wren sees that the rest of the group loves having her around and will decide to stay

Johan
December 18th, 2009, 22:42
yeah, it'd really suck to lose her :(

Iyasu
December 18th, 2009, 23:35
Keeping someone around that doesn't want to play is very much on the low end of the intelligence pool. I've seen it happen time and time again. Not only are they not having fun, but they drag everyone else down by slowing the game and derailing/distracting everyone.

If she doesn't want to play, let her not play. I promise it will be a much better choice than goading her to stay.

MikeParham
December 19th, 2009, 02:14
Personally I'd like to see her stay, especially if the disagreement has nothing to do with the game. Ignore the socially inept comment above from someone that has already run off one very good player that I know.

ReikaMichiko
December 19th, 2009, 02:24
Well we settled matters and it seems we are going +1 members not -1

Raznok193
December 19th, 2009, 02:50
yay, *throws a mini party in excitement*

MikeParham
December 20th, 2009, 02:49
Excellent!

Looking forward to learning more about our newest teammate!:)

ReikaMichiko
December 20th, 2009, 03:05
Ty to the badgering of a certain someone im going to start the players who missed the games off at the same level and xp ... and from here on out implementing the 50% xp rule for missing games.

Iyasu
December 20th, 2009, 03:37
Ty to the badgering of a certain someone im going to start the players who missed the games off at the same level and xp ... and from here on out implementing the 50% xp rule for missing games.

Glad to hear that, always makes me sad when people are level behind in the levels

ReikaMichiko
December 20th, 2009, 04:09
Nm we arent getting a 7th apparently

Raznok193
December 20th, 2009, 08:18
aw it woulda been nice to have another girl in the mix

Ksathra
December 20th, 2009, 17:01
*waits to get his email with the code for the FGII.* I better have it by Tuesday...

Iyasu
December 20th, 2009, 17:14
*waits to get his email with the code for the FGII.* I better have it by Tuesday...
Did you pay by money order/check or something? When I used my Debit card I got everything instantly.

ReikaMichiko
December 21st, 2009, 01:37
(Sigh) we have our 7th player again ... women ... seriously...

Raznok193
December 21st, 2009, 05:15
well its nice that she's playing now, lol women can be trouble sometimes

Johan
December 21st, 2009, 17:49
lol, can't wait for tomorrow, still working on my custom class, yes I've played too much Dissidia over the week, and yes it'll be a Gun Blade user, mwahaha MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But seriously Dissidia rocks

ReikaMichiko
December 21st, 2009, 19:03
lol, can't wait for tomorrow, still working on my custom class, yes I've played too much Dissidia over the week, and yes it'll be a Gun Blade user, mwahaha MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But seriously Dissidia rocks

Why are you working on a custom class again?

Btw House rule i forgot and now remembered:

Selling Goods! General rule of thumb when selling goods to vendors is 10% of the actual cost of the item. You can increase this a few ways.

1. Obviously Appraise, Knowing the exact to general price of the item will help you from getting ripped off (note you only appraise the aesthetic value, if its magical you will need to determine that and its properties to get the magical value)

2. Diplomacy and Intimidate is another great set of skills to increase the % you get, but be warned these do have drawbacks. The rules are simple, you both roll opposed checks , and depending on how much more or less your check was comparatively to theirs is how much % you get. So for example if you both rolled diplomacy and you got a 15 and the shop owner got a 12 , you would get a 3% bonus. Of course reversely if a particularly silver tongued owner gets a higher roll then you, you will lose out on percentage. Lastly on this matter, intimidating frequently will eventually land you into trouble with the law.

3. Magic. Always a powerful tool in any situation, magic is a viable option to help with price negotiation. However being caught using or suspected of using magic, will lead to a complaint from the traders guild, and eventually a formal inquiry by the law.

*note* Actually role playing out the trade will get you modifiers on your opposed rolls depending on how articulate and crafty you are.

ReikaMichiko
December 21st, 2009, 20:47
Also , tomorrow im going to go over character sheets a little bit.. few discrepancies id like to check on

Ksathra
December 21st, 2009, 21:46
You like me to send you my char Sheet somehow. Guess its best you have it before I jump in, though still have not gotten that stupid key number.

Johan
December 21st, 2009, 23:48
Why are you working on a custom class again?

In the highly likely chance the Factotum goes 6-feet under I need a backup character. I'm basing it off Squall from Dissidia:FF because I'm addicted to that game. :D

ReikaMichiko
December 22nd, 2009, 00:03
You like me to send you my char Sheet somehow. Guess its best you have it before I jump in, though still have not gotten that stupid key number.

Im afraid if your going to miss this game as well im going to have to replace you.

I understand this isn't your fault, and I appreciate your desire to play with us, but you'll have officially missed 3 games. I have a long list of people I promised slots to if a person didn't work out.

I understand if you will be upset by my decision and I apologize.

Ksathra
December 22nd, 2009, 01:52
oh... 3 games? thought this only be 2 and its only because I cant meet with you guys, not because I'm not free. I'll probably just be sitting at home grumbling about slow payment process. *sigh* I understand if your going to replace me though.

ReikaMichiko
December 23rd, 2009, 05:09
might be splitting the grp up, as 7 is a bit hectic as suspected...

ReikaMichiko
December 23rd, 2009, 05:18
I probably will , which means ksa you can join our grp.

Im probably going to split it as

the 2 females / kashlavor / and kajisi

johan / iyae / raz / ksa

voice your complaints or acceptance of this before next game

Ksathra
December 23rd, 2009, 11:12
If it keeps me in the game I obviously wont disagree. Though I'm curious if you'd change the day or time for the game. (I still yet to get my stupid code, getting kind of annoyed now and might have to complain to someone)

Iyasu
December 23rd, 2009, 13:09
I probably will , which means ksa you can join our grp.

Im probably going to split it as

the 2 females / kashlavor / and kajisi

johan / iyae / raz / ksa

voice your complaints or acceptance of this before next game

Sounds good to me, four to five are the ideal party numbers I always say. Interesting split too, the melee party and the magic party (except for Sophyia who is perfectly suited to be their tank)

ReikaMichiko
December 23rd, 2009, 13:10
If it keeps me in the game I obviously wont disagree. Though I'm curious if you'd change the day or time for the game. (I still yet to get my stupid code, getting kind of annoyed now and might have to complain to someone)

depending on whos in who needs what , ill find out which grp plays on which day so forth

Raznok193
December 23rd, 2009, 14:23
aight im kewl with the split, my group will be interesting

MikeParham
December 23rd, 2009, 20:33
If the group members are satisfied, then I am alright as well. My playing opportunities are still Monday or Tuesday eves, starting at 6:30PM just as it is now. Between the two nights, I would actually rather play on Monday eves, but I'll yield that choice to the players as a whole.

Re's, Mike

Raznok193
December 23rd, 2009, 21:56
id prefer keeping it on Tuesdays but Mondays work for me as well if we need to switch, kinda disappointed we dont have the girls in the group though =\

Ksathra
December 23rd, 2009, 22:45
I just got onto FGII and have my character set up onto it. So I'm good to go any day any time. :D

Iyasu
December 23rd, 2009, 23:19
Remember Raz Mike isn't in our group ^^; I'd guess his team would play on mondays and we'd stay Tuesdays? Hmm I'm good for either day really.

Raznok193
December 24th, 2009, 19:57
oh lol, aight whatever works is kewl with me

Johan
December 25th, 2009, 00:19
I'm fine with it I suppose. I'd like the same group as last game but if you want to split it it's up to you.

MikeParham
December 25th, 2009, 15:24
Like Johan, I also thought the group was fine as it was, and that the control issues will work themselves out fairly quickly during the next couple of sessions.

But if bob is not comfortable in running with those numbers, and/or the group itself is unhappy, then of course, I am for what will resolve the problems and make it a good time for everyone.

I do wish we could hear from some of the folks in the group that I am assigned to though.

Iyasu
December 25th, 2009, 16:29
Whatever the outcome I'm happy with it. More people = More fun and difficult encounters and traps. Less people = More chance to do things on an individual basis. Eitherone is good really.

And ofcourse as a side note, Merry Christmas D&D people. Time to go chill with da families.

Raznok193
December 25th, 2009, 20:02
Happy Holidays everyone, hope everyone is enjoy it to the max

Ksathra
December 27th, 2009, 01:21
Hmm. I've not started the Game yet and I made a back up character because I figured out we were allowed to use the Book of nine Swords and I dont know what to do anymore. should I play the original Dragon Char or the Warblade that I made? Suggestions?

Iyasu
December 27th, 2009, 02:03
Create whatever you want man. Everyone in the party is powergaming in a way (We all have weapons that do 1d10 or 2d6 damage) so it may be good for you to go strong/able. Though I have no experience with tomb of battle, I only hear its bat-**** insanely powergamey from the stances an maneuvers and that they give crazy bonuses that break the game.

Ksathra
December 27th, 2009, 07:20
I just remember everyone wanted to go with the Dragon Theme and I should say that the Warblade is much more Broken though he uses Kukri to be stylish, not some giant weapon. But then again maybe I just dont know how to make characters on your guys level.

ZariDragonfly
December 27th, 2009, 09:05
I don't have a weapon that does 1d10 or 1d12 damage. I'm also not powergaming.

Ksathra
December 27th, 2009, 10:16
So who is playing which Day? Think I'll go with the Warblade after all. Sending email with giant Character sheet again if thats ok. So Gonna be Allos the little guy instead of Flex the giant guy.

ReikaMichiko
December 27th, 2009, 15:43
sorry ive been sick... anyway that depends on Kaji ... if he can play on other days besides tuesday the grps are as follows

the 2 females / kashlavor / and kajisi - wednesday
johan / iyae / raz / ksa - tuesdays

MikeParham
December 27th, 2009, 18:10
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights are not free for me to play unfortunately as they are locked to family events or other games. Only Mondays and Tuesdays are options for me.

ReikaMichiko
December 27th, 2009, 18:57
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights are not free for me to play unfortunately as they are locked to family events or other games. Only Mondays and Tuesdays are options for me.

Hmm we can do mondays i guess

Ksathra
December 27th, 2009, 23:30
I'll be there. Tuesday around 5 or 7 ish?

ReikaMichiko
December 28th, 2009, 06:43
kaji im tossing u back into grp 1 on tuesdays

both grps start at 6:30 -5GMT

Iyasu
December 28th, 2009, 17:51
SWEET, we have our vigour aura back. Thank the gods/our DM-sama.

So this means the groups are going to be broken up into 3 on Monday / 5 on Tuesday? Making sure I understand the numbers right

lorhaden
December 28th, 2009, 20:06
I would love to get in on this game, i've been looking for just this type of group for a long while now. If you'll have me i'll purchase FG and be here on any night you need except fridays.

ReikaMichiko
December 28th, 2009, 20:33
I would love to get in on this game, i've been looking for just this type of group for a long while now. If you'll have me i'll purchase FG and be here on any night you need except fridays.

Sorry , afraid im already at my max without making a THIRD grp, which I would not be able to handle. Stick you on the waiting list though

Btw Tuesday grp im giving the loot list twice, once to your grp and once to theirs , so you need to split the loot again accordingly. So in other words both grps have looted different rooms with the same loot, so your grps both have more loot now. Let me repost it for you to work it out amongst yourselves.

1580g
1700silver
1000copper
1 Ivory Statuete of a maiden
2 Sets of Breastplates
1 Halfplate
1 A pair of intricate shoes
1 Carved Darkwood Harp with ivory and zircon gem inlay
1 Silver Plated Steel Longsword with Jet Jewel in Hilt
1 bloodstone,1 Jasper,1 Aquamarine,1 Black Pearl
1 Silver Holy Symbol
3x Acid Flask
1x Masterwork Two-Bladed Sword

Iyasu
December 28th, 2009, 21:00
Snap. Since I'm sure we don't want to quabble over this all in the forum and have an extra 100 posts, maybe we should create an mIRC room or use skype to discuss it? I'll be on skype if anyone else wants to join me so we can sort this out.

Gold gold gold... GOLD GOLD GOOOOOLD!
ahem, sorry.

To skype! Or if you have mIRC, I've created a room on the Rizon server called #Mikker0 (I couldn't think of a name for the room, so i'm just using the dm's name)

I'll be waitan'

lorhaden
December 28th, 2009, 22:54
Sorry , afraid im already at my max without making a THIRD grp, which I would not be able to handle. Stick you on the waiting list though

Btw Tuesday grp im giving the loot list twice, once to your grp and once to theirs , so you need to split the loot again accordingly. So in other words both grps have looted different rooms with the same loot, so your grps both have more loot now. Let me repost it for you to work it out amongst yourselves.

1580g
1700silver
1000copper
1 Ivory Statuete of a maiden
2 Sets of Breastplates
1 Halfplate
1 A pair of intricate shoes
1 Carved Darkwood Harp with ivory and zircon gem inlay
1 Silver Plated Steel Longsword with Jet Jewel in Hilt
1 bloodstone,1 Jasper,1 Aquamarine,1 Black Pearl
1 Silver Holy Symbol
3x Acid Flask
1x Masterwork Two-Bladed Sword

Ahh well hope you guys enjoy your game and groups sound pretty interesting.

MikeParham
December 29th, 2009, 00:33
Why don't we plan to get together around 6:15 or so before game time tomorrow to finalize the split? That way we can all make plans to be there together.

Things to consider that Xariis would suggest:

a party fund to cover expenses and key items to support the party as a whole

things of no personal usage, liquidate for the party fund

ReikaMichiko
December 29th, 2009, 00:49
There may not be a game tomorrow

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11459

Iyasu
December 29th, 2009, 01:27
Oh then we all just have to get hamachi as well. I've already got it so if everyone else gets it then the problem can be easily solved. If anyone needs help setting it up I'll be on Skype

Raznok193
December 29th, 2009, 06:43
ok so im slightly comfused, which group am i in and what day is that group playing?

ReikaMichiko
December 29th, 2009, 15:12
ok so im slightly comfused, which group am i in and what day is that group playing?

if your not a female , your playing on tuesdays 6:30 pm (-5gmt)

MikeParham
December 29th, 2009, 22:02
So are we a go for tonight? Otherwise, the wife and I can make dinner plans.

Iyasu
December 29th, 2009, 22:13
Everything is fixed up and should be working according to the site admin which was the original problem, so we should be playing unless the DM decides to skip a session and cancel for another reason.

Raznok193
December 30th, 2009, 04:13
well tonight was good so unless the other group doesnt go well id say this was a success

Johan
December 30th, 2009, 09:01
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to turn into a Warblade :P

Maybe take a Barbarian Level while I'm at it XD

Raznok193
December 30th, 2009, 09:14
in delving into Crusader so ima be buffing u guys with attacks =D

Iyasu
December 30th, 2009, 15:15
inb4 party of level 3 warblades are defeating CR20 monsters without breaking a sweat

ReikaMichiko
December 30th, 2009, 16:16
inb4 party of level 3 warblades are defeating CR20 monsters without breaking a sweat

alright no big, just means i have to kill off a few =P

Raznok193
December 30th, 2009, 18:42
lol this DM aight gonna go easy on us, i like =D

Johan
December 30th, 2009, 21:20
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, now I have to take Warblade since a straight Factotum is just a skillmonkey bodybag otherwise :(

Johan
December 31st, 2009, 00:51
And after looking at the book, Blood in the Water requires a "successful critical" against an enemy so it's ineffective versus undead on the basis they are unaffected by critical strikes.

Ksathra
December 31st, 2009, 01:01
Hmm. I read it over and over. Does not say "successful Critical" Does say "when you score a critical" though. Suppose it be up to the GM to say that a nat 20 is not a scored crit against undead seeing as they are immune to crits. I'd have to agree with Johan :(.

Johan
December 31st, 2009, 01:12
Hmm. I read it over and over. Does not say "successful Critical" Does say "when you score a critical" though. Suppose it be up to the GM to say that a nat 20 is not a scored crit against undead seeing as they are immune to crits. I'd have to agree with Johan :(.
But after that it says it's untyped so it stacks with every successful critical hit you score.

Ksathra
December 31st, 2009, 01:44
Oh yeah. Did not notice that even after reading it a bunch of times.

Johan
December 31st, 2009, 04:09
1/2 damage forces a fort save as a houserule, is the DC against the Damage or something else?

Ksathra
December 31st, 2009, 04:32
whats this 1/2 damage house rule?

Johan
December 31st, 2009, 09:22
whats this 1/2 damage house rule?
If you deal half of the enemies current HP they have to make a Fortitude Save or lose their next turn. The same goes for monsters hitting players. I was curious if the DC was the damage or if it was something else.

ReikaMichiko
December 31st, 2009, 15:15
flat save of dc 15 , never changes

Johan
January 5th, 2010, 02:38
I would like all the resident warblades/crusaders to look at the White Raven Discipline, yeah, that one right there, and then White Raven Strike, I'm sure we all see where this is going don't we?

I'm thinking if everyone is taking warblade and we have a crusader I should be original and take swordsage, the redheaded stepchild of Tome of Battle, and be a sneaky diplomatic type character or something like that :P

MikeParham
January 5th, 2010, 03:01
Very glad you pointed out that Raz was going Crusader, as I was considering that option as one of two. Will bring in choice two instead. ;)

Johan
January 5th, 2010, 05:14
Very glad you pointed out that Raz was going Crusader, as I was considering that option as one of two. Will bring in choice two instead. ;)
What is it? I need to know, the mystery is killing me. *dies*

I'm in an internal War Blade vs. Sword Sage struggle here, I like the Sword Sage disciplines but War Blade has an infinitely better recovery mechanic while still giving decent bonuses.

Ksathra
January 5th, 2010, 07:55
Swordsage lets you be untouchable and gives you access to the broken gloom razor feat and lots of skill points and normally enough maneuvers to do one a turn and not run out. To ricover faster you can take a feat. Warblade on the other hand is more fighter and less sneak, gets a fast recover rate but nearly no maneuvers.

Johan
January 5th, 2010, 08:52
Swordsage lets you be untouchable and gives you access to the broken gloom razor feat and lots of skill points and normally enough maneuvers to do one a turn and not run out. To ricover faster you can take a feat. Warblade on the other hand is more fighter and less sneak, gets a fast recover rate but nearly no maneuvers.
you overlook the fact that the Warblade can recover maneuvers as a swift action followed by a melee attack which means the Warblade can consistently use his best maneuvers in a row and then take a turn to make an attack, and then continue the onslaught.

Warblade also gets access to the very very good Stormguard Warrior feat. They also gain access to Iron Heart Surge which allows them to destroy any ongoing spell that lasts more than 1 round and affects them, so Iron Heart Surge can destroy Anti-Magic Field.

Besides, Gloom Razor isn't nearly as broken as Stormguard Warrior combined with a few tactical feats, you attack as a touch attack and then gain +5 damage for each attack that hits the next turn, stack with Diamond Mind maneuvers that double or quadruple damage and it turns into +80 damage next round.

Iyasu
January 5th, 2010, 14:01
So lets see... Raz, Mike, Johan, and Kasathra are all using ToB for their 3rd level...

Yay my character is a unique snowflake now! Haha he is now the party's anti-marysue.

Ksathra
January 5th, 2010, 19:11
of course I'm using ToB for my 3rd level. I'm full warblade. But think I'll be giving up and going dragon soon if people get carried away with ToB. have to prove that other classes are still powerful and stuff.

ReikaMichiko
January 5th, 2010, 19:49
of course I'm using ToB for my 3rd level. I'm full warblade. But think I'll be giving up and going dragon soon if people get carried away with ToB. have to prove that other classes are still powerful and stuff.

do what you need to do, i plan on raping a few people this game

Ksathra
January 5th, 2010, 20:25
aww do they get bonus Ex for smex? and to correct myself I did not mean Gloom razor was broken wrong feat. Meant Shadow blade where you get to add your DEx to damage as well as Str for just a feat, with very little prereq I could add.

MikeParham
January 5th, 2010, 21:46
Good guess, but My third level is not coming from TOB, ;)

Johan
January 5th, 2010, 22:39
aww do they get bonus Ex for smex? and to correct myself I did not mean Gloom razor was broken wrong feat. Meant Shadow blade where you get to add your DEx to damage as well as Str for just a feat, with very little prereq I could add.
*shakes head* Shadowblade is far from broken it only effects Shadowhand weapons mainly used are the dagger and shortsword d4/d6+STR and 1/2STR respectably, compare to Greatswords 2d6+1.5STR. You generally a have crap for a STR bonus as it is. so you'll come ahead by 1 or 2 damage each turn but then the Warblade can take weapon Specialization and trump that easily.

People seem to think ToB is broken, ToB merely lessens gigantic gap between casters and melee that exists (a properly built wizard will be able to rock out encounters even at lv1 kids, that crossbow in a corner crap at 1st level is for poorly built wizards.) it gets broken when people don't read the entire text for how maneuvers can be readied, and many other small things.

Such as the fact you can't ready the same move twice, it's either readied or it isn't, or the fact when taking the Base classes after first if you qualify for 2nd level maneuvers the stance must be 1st level no matter what. Or the fact you only get one swift action a round and changing stances is a swift and so is boosting so you can't switch to the perfect stance for this boost you're about to use in the same round.

It's the same problem Psionics suffered and then people made too big of an issue about something that doesn't exist. Psionics is balanced, as balanced as casting could be and a hell of a lot more balanced than core magic classes especially if you're adding the Spell Compendium or supplements. You can't augment a power for more points than your Manifester Level, that single rule is overlooked by people who gloss over it and then declare broken when they see how psionic powers scale. Wizard spells scale for free, Psionics cost additional Power Points.

And then the DM pumps up encounters that no one can survive and no one has fun. -_-; Fact: I took 2 levels of Factotum, Fact: That makes me have a lot less HP than the D12 Warblade , when monsters have already been consistently hitting and for over half my HP how much harder can it really be without forcing a party of warblades to happen. I mean I've gone into negative hp range from one strike every combat since this game began, I'm rolling with a d8 and 16CON, now imagine if I was the archetypal rogue with a D6 HD it gets even nastier.

At this point to survive I'm forced to play Warblade because the encounters are based around a higher power level than the Factotum can play in as a skill monkey, I either cower in the corner like a simpering ***** whenever combat happens then disarm an array of dangerous traps that kill me multiple times over going into the next combat at 1/2 hp for 50xp instead of the 300xp per trap the CR1 arrow traps, pits, and spears count as which I dealt with like 5 or 6 of 'em.

So this planned "rape" as you put it will merely have me dying and rolling a full Warblade to survive or a cheesewrought kobold or something.

Now I had typed up a 5-6 paragraph long explanation about the inherent weaknesses of TWF, more damage but problems hitting, standard action attacks and maneuver recovery, the swordsage compared to the warblade, survivability, and other such things that dispel the rumors based around Shadowblade being broken. But I decided f*** it since none of you are gonna read it anyway, since you've probably not even read this post (-_-).

TL;DR ToB isn't broken, Shadowblade ain't broken, the encounters are already tailored to some beast of a character with optimal warblade stats murdering anyone who doesn't have 40HP at lv3, and the proposed "rape" that is incoming is not the solution, and the lack of appropriate trap XP vs the CR of said traps. 50xp instead of the 300xp each CR1 trap is worth. And enemies hit for 10-15+ when I have only 17 HP which a D12 could potentially double pretty much making Warblade the only option for survival as long as I don't roll like crap.

I won't lie ToB is VERY good, it's what the Paladin should've been, what the rogue should've been, and what the Fighter should've been. A lv20 NPC adept can destroy a lv20 Fighter in combat so that should say something right there.

EDIT: If anyone would like the reasons why Shadowblade and ToB isn't broken described at length then I can do so on Skype for you.

ReikaMichiko
January 5th, 2010, 22:53
*shakes head* Shadowblade is far from broken it only effects Shadowhand weapons mainly used are the dagger and shortsword d4/d6+STR and 1/2STR respectably, compare to Greatswords 2d6+1.5STR. You generally a have crap for a STR bonus as it is. so you'll come ahead by 1 or 2 damage each turn but then the Warblade can take weapon Specialization and trump that easily.

People seem to think ToB is broken, ToB merely lessens gigantic gap between casters and melee that exists (a properly built wizard will be able to rock out encounters even at lv1 kids, that crossbow in a corner crap at 1st level is for poorly built wizards.) it gets broken when people don't read the entire text for how maneuvers can be readied, and many other small things.

Such as the fact you can't ready the same move twice, it's either readied or it isn't, or the fact when taking the Base classes after first if you qualify for 2nd level maneuvers the stance must be 1st level no matter what. Or the fact you only get one swift action a round and changing stances is a swift and so is boosting so you can't switch to the perfect stance for this boost you're about to use in the same round.

It's the same problem Psionics suffered and then people made too big of an issue about something that doesn't exist. Psionics is balanced, as balanced as casting could be and a hell of a lot more balanced than core magic classes especially if you're adding the Spell Compendium or supplements. You can't augment a power for more points than your Manifester Level, that single rule is overlooked by people who gloss over it and then declare broken when they see how psionic powers scale. Wizard spells scale for free, Psionics cost additional Power Points.

And then the DM pumps up encounters that no one can survive and no one has fun. -_-; Fact: I took 2 levels of Factotum, Fact: That makes me have a lot less HP than the D12 Warblade , when monsters have already been consistently hitting and for over half my HP how much harder can it really be without forcing a party of warblades to happen. I mean I've gone into negative hp range from one strike every combat since this game began, I'm rolling with a d8 and 16CON, now imagine if I was the archetypal rogue with a D6 HD it gets even nastier.

At this point to survive I'm forced to play Warblade because the encounters are based around a higher power level than the Factotum can play in as a skill monkey, I either cower in the corner like a simpering ***** whenever combat happens then disarm an array of dangerous traps that kill me multiple times over going into the next combat at 1/2 hp for 50xp instead of the 300xp per trap the CR1 arrow traps, pits, and spears count as which I dealt with like 5 or 6 of 'em.

So this planned "rape" as you put it will merely have me dying and rolling a full Warblade to survive or a cheesewrought kobold or something.

Now I had typed up a 5-6 paragraph long explanation about the inherent weaknesses of TWF, more damage but problems hitting, standard action attacks and maneuver recovery, the swordsage compared to the warblade, survivability, and other such things that dispel the rumors based around Shadowblade being broken. But I decided f*** it since none of you are gonna read it anyway, since you've probably not even read this post (-_-).

TL;DR ToB isn't broken, Shadowblade ain't broken, the encounters are already tailored to some beast of a character with optimal warblade stats murdering anyone who doesn't have 40HP at lv3, and the proposed "rape" that is incoming is not the solution, and the lack of appropriate trap XP vs the CR of said traps. 50xp instead of the 300xp each CR1 trap is worth. And enemies hit for 10-15+ when I have only 17 HP which a D12 could potentially double pretty much making Warblade the only option for survival as long as I don't roll like crap.

I won't lie ToB is VERY good, it's what the Paladin should've been, what the rogue should've been, and what the Fighter should've been. A lv20 NPC adept can destroy a lv20 Fighter in combat so that should say something right there.

EDIT: If anyone would like the reasons why Shadowblade and ToB isn't broken described at length then I can do so on Skype for you.

nat 20, roll to confirm , nat 20, roll to confirm nat 20, roll to confirm, NAT 20!

Crit wall x5 damage... please roll 9999999999d100 x 5

Johan
January 5th, 2010, 23:10
nat 20, roll to confirm , nat 20, roll to confirm nat 20, roll to confirm, NAT 20!

Crit wall x5 damage... please roll 9999999999d100 x 5
(T_T) no one reads my posts that are longer than a paragraph even when they contain important info :(

when's the game start today?

Johan
January 6th, 2010, 03:12
DM, can I fall on my sword and reroll as a Dragonwrought Kobold?

DM, as you know, you had the wizard who stole from us pull her money out of a Bag of Holding. She then pulled out another bag, and then pulled out 5 bags full of 1000coins each. She then stood there as we examined the bags.

She never recovered her bag of holding off the ground when she grabbed the rune and ran, we now have a bag of holding :D

ReikaMichiko
January 6th, 2010, 03:19
DM, can I fall on my sword and reroll as a Dragonwrought Kobold?

you can try

Iyasu
January 6th, 2010, 03:52
Man that session was such crap. You fools just had to barter and try to trade with this chick for almost 3 hours. Stop being so gold hungry so we can just move on and do ****. Gold will come when it comes. Especially if we're doing things instead of BARTERING FOR PETTY GOLD SUMS.

Raznok193
January 6th, 2010, 04:21
in due time my child, in due time

Johan
January 6th, 2010, 04:26
We still gained a bag of holding :D

MikeParham
January 6th, 2010, 11:14
Personally...I very much enjoyed that session!

But then, I'm a roleplayer at heart, more than a powergamer. To me, the entire thing with the theif was an encounter, and I saw everyone play their character's personality!

As for Xariis, the gold itself was not the problem for the dragonkin...it was his perceived value of that magic item itself. As Iyasu said..the gold was a "petty sum" (not really...Xar wanted 1000 gold, hardly petty)...but the magic item itself was very, very valuable. He really didnt want to let go of it yet, but was willing only if the sacrifice provided a compensation of significant level. That she outsmarted us was quite enjoyable to him and anticipated based on her talents (afterall, she was able to go to the ice realm herself, and bring us back, so she was definitely stronger in magic by far than we were), as in the end...he still came out with something...the silver coins and a good tale to tell in the future. ;)

ReikaMichiko
January 6th, 2010, 15:05
We still gained a bag of holding :D

what bag of holding.........

*edit* oh apparently you misunderstood, the woman had a bag oh holding on her hip which she withdrew 5 bags from and laid on the floor... if u have any doubt about this i would be more then happy to dig into the FG2 chat log

Iyasu
January 6th, 2010, 15:38
Personally...I very much enjoyed that session!
But then, I'm a roleplayer at heart, more than a powergamer. To me, the entire thing with the theif was an encounter, and I saw everyone play their character's personality!

Eh I know, and I am a roleplayer too, I'm just saying two sessions back to back where both have nothing but trading can get a bit tedious at times. Next session I'm half betting Raz and Johan will spend another three hours trying to try and convince the bank the 5000 silver is actually 5000 gold! haha

I just hope we can move on and start chatting with more nobles/quest givers (read: Drunken peasants at the tavern that've heard of a monster with a bounty)

Raznok193
January 6th, 2010, 15:56
but thats the fun part of the game =D

Johan
January 7th, 2010, 01:02
what bag of holding.........

*edit* oh apparently you misunderstood, the woman had a bag oh holding on her hip which she withdrew 5 bags from and laid on the floor... if u have any doubt about this i would be more then happy to dig into the FG2 chat log
:( take away my small victory

ReikaMichiko
January 7th, 2010, 05:27
:( take away my small victory

MUHAHAHA , I HAVE SAPPED YOUR WILL AS I SHOULD RIGHTFULLY DO , FOR I AM....

EVILLLLLL DM

Johan
January 7th, 2010, 05:55
pg191 in the PHB2 defines the rules for retraining/rebuilding, I was considering rerolling, but I found this option as well, they want you to complete a quest and then you get to move change things.

After actually experiencing the awesomeness that is swordsage I'm planning to move into a different direction than I originally planned, and the stats and previous feat choices make that hard to pull off. Instead of being an upfront fighter I'm trying to turn into a scout/sneaky mobile attacker thing.

Originally I had the character being a straight Factotum with a PrC, then I was going to add in some Warblade action, and then swordsage happened. Originally, I dismissed it as a weaker Warblade, which it is, but the Shadowhand and Setting Sun disciplines I can't get enough of, it's got my inner kung-fu maniac going.

I don't need to change classes, only move stats around and feats.

So I was wondering if I could do that or if I have to fall on my sword and an almost exact duplicate of my current character shows up in the town :D

"Johan, yeah, that's my brother, I'm Johann, two N's."

*music goes off* Johann has joined the party

Then we all walk away from the town in a straight line following the leader.

Raznok193
January 7th, 2010, 12:15
lol nice, thats pretty funny

Iyasu
January 7th, 2010, 14:10
Oh even better "No, Johan, with a hard j, was my brother. I'm Johan, pronounced with a soft J, so it sounds like yohan"

Johan
January 8th, 2010, 00:22
I think next session we should go somewhere and wantonly slaughter a race of "mostly evil" creatures so we can be in the right and feel good about ourselves when we're done. at 3rd level maybe Orcs perhaps.

Sala
January 8th, 2010, 05:08
What version are you guys playing and are you using a voice chat program?

ReikaMichiko
January 8th, 2010, 06:05
What version are you guys playing and are you using a voice chat program?

im afraid we are full, but i can toss you on the waiting list

Raznok193
January 8th, 2010, 09:01
damn we're popular, i wonder how big that waiting list is

Ksathra
January 8th, 2010, 09:15
heh. I better hurry and get my campaign ready. Should be soon enough. Just another day or so and I'll be able to post about running a game myself. My Wednesday game seems to be dying so probably that day.

Raznok193
January 8th, 2010, 11:17
ur making ur own campaign? dude i would totally play in that if it wasnt on Wednesdays

Johan
January 8th, 2010, 11:20
heh. I better hurry and get my campaign ready. Should be soon enough. Just another day or so and I'll be able to post about running a game myself. My Wednesday game seems to be dying so probably that day.
I. Want. In.

*froths at mouth*

ReikaMichiko
January 8th, 2010, 16:33
TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITORS!

I want in....

Iyasu
January 8th, 2010, 16:45
Hell if that game ends up having this group in it I wouldn't possibly be able to resist getting in on it aswell. I just hope I end up being available on wednesdays ^^;

Sala
January 9th, 2010, 02:37
I am available on sundays!

MikeParham
January 9th, 2010, 05:06
Would be great to get the chance to actually play with Bob, but alas..with everything else, only Mondays are free for me.

ReikaMichiko
January 10th, 2010, 01:40
ksathra im bored, post some level/gold/books and **** so i can make up random characters

Johan
January 10th, 2010, 16:12
ksathra im bored, post some level/gold/books and **** so i can make up random characters
word.

<required text to make add length>

Raznok193
January 11th, 2010, 17:57
hey who is the one in our group with that iajutsu strike, and what book is that in?

Iyasu
January 11th, 2010, 18:34
hey who is the one in our group with that iajutsu strike, and what book is that in?
That would be Johan, and its from Oriental Adventures, a 3.0 book

ReikaMichiko
January 11th, 2010, 18:49
That would be Johan, and its from Oriental Adventures, a 3.0 book

which explains alot of things