PDA

View Full Version : D20 Issue

Mike Mann
December 2nd, 2009, 01:50
Hi Folks,

I created a campaign in using D20_JPG. For some reason the only thing items I could add were from the equipment file. Looking up the stuff I downloaded I realized that his mod file only included the equipment mod.

Figuring that D20_JPG is not complete, I started a new D20 campaign. However, I just tried to move a magic item (from the magic items mod) to a characters inventory and that didn't work now.

I can still move an item from the mod to Items, but anything in items doesn't move over.

My guess is I broke something somewhere. Before I do a complete re-install, I'm hoping someone here knows what the issue is and how I can fix it.

Sorry if this question has been already answered somewhere else. Hell I could find one. I went back August on the support forum and even farther on a couple of the others.

I'm really stumped by this one.

madman
December 2nd, 2009, 03:18
From what i am gathering, you are wanting to make the magic item drop into the character sheet and auto fill all the info. It does not do this. The d20 equipment does auto fill when you drop it, and so do the spells, but the magic items do not. your fantasy grounds is not broken!

It was not made to do what you want.

Hope this helps

Chris

Mike Mann
December 2nd, 2009, 03:41
Thanks for the quick reply Chris.

Following up on this, is there a way for me to upload that information. I know we did it using the parser for 4E, but I didn't come across anything like that for D20.

So I understand this, D20_JPG, D20 and 3.5 all don't allow auto filling? A shame. The guys I'm playing with are pushing for Pathfinder. Thought FG would make things easier for us.

If that's the case, then it looks like I'll be going through Xorn's video's again.

madman
December 2nd, 2009, 08:43
I have been throwing things together for a pathfinder setup. but am by no means done with it. By the time I am done i am wanting it all to be drag and drop for just about anything. and with the new pathfinder ruleset (looks cool) drop down menus and auto fill text options i may be wasting my time and effort. I may just wait to see what gets released, and use it instead. I'm very excited to see this ruleset ARGGHHHH! can't wait. anyway you can change rulesets and make them more to your liking with some work.

anything can be done with the right attitude and some hard work

Chris

Sigurd
December 3rd, 2009, 07:21
Thought FG would make things easier for us.

You're so right. I suggest you stand in the back of your houses and yell your games to each other. FG obviously wont help :)

Mike Mann
December 3rd, 2009, 16:26
Hehe, I'll pass your idea over to the group Sigurd.

Actually with a little fiddling around with the equipment names I got everyone's inventory updated.

I know how you feel Chris. It's like waiting for Christmas.

-Mike