PDA

View Full Version : A Winter's Night (3.5)

cpbs
November 30th, 2009, 20:26
Its been a while since I last hosted a game and since school is actually ending soon for the fall semester I have time to actually run an adventure. This adventure takes place in my own custom world of Ironstone and will consists of about three sessions.

What I am looking for:

3-4 player characters
Must be knowledge about the 3.5 rules
Be mature and willing to take sarcasm from GM and party members
Be reliable and show up on time. (Ive had problems with this that I've run out of fingers and toes to count when I have had to cancel because no one showed or only a couple of people did.)
Have fun and be nice to your fellow gamers

Rules: Since its not a major campaign I am running I am looking for a low powered group of characters.

5th level character
3.5 PHB race & characters only
Starting coin is listed on table 7-1 p.111 in the PHB. Take the average for the class and then add +500gp.
No magic items (I'll explain this later as its apart of the campaign setting)

Gaming Style:

I am really laid back in the DMing area. I really like to have a great time, not a 100% rule monger but I do like to keep the adventure in line. I play about 70/30, roleplaying to combat. So if your looking for hack and slash, this will not be the type of game to play. I usually like to have players interact with each other as well as NPC's. There will be puzzles, traps, and other obstacles that using muscle will just get the character killed.

Those are the rules so far, but they can change as I get feed back from potential players. I am looking to start the middle week of December, the week before Christmas. I will try to keep to three sessions inside that week so that the adventure is completed in one week.

If your interested please sign up on the calender here.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=281

Also PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
cpbs

cpbs
December 2nd, 2009, 22:28
Some people have asked when I usually run the games. I try to do it in the evening around 7:00pm CST and run for about 3 hours. So far I have one person committed to playing. I am still looking for at least two more.

Thanks,
cpbs

cpbs
December 8th, 2009, 02:17
For the most part I have filled my slots. If there are any more openings I will post here again.

Thanks

cpbs
December 14th, 2009, 20:37
It seems I have one more opening for this Thursday and Friday, one stop type campaign. If you would like to join in, please PM me or post. You can also join the campaign by going to the calender and signing up or I can send you an invite.

Thanks,
cpbs

CrimsonChampion
December 15th, 2009, 10:17
Hey... I've about 3 years or so of online fantasy rp and played quite a few D&D games( Neverwinter nights, Icewind dale, baldurs gate ), problem is I've never actually played a real pen and paper game... So while the rp aspect would be easy and I'm use to playing basic characters, I'd need somewhat of a tutorial or a bit of help at the start. My schedule is flexible.. I've no problem with playing any class. Email me at [email protected] if you'd take a chance.

cpbs
December 15th, 2009, 21:32
Yeah no problem, check you PM, I sent you a reply.

xaotik1
December 18th, 2009, 20:11
If you have another opening, please let me know. My current campaign is about to finish over the next couple of weeks, and I am hoping to find another weekly game to take it's place. I've been playing off and on since chainmaille came out, and am willing to play just about any role that you need. I've run and played in a number of games on FG and consider myself to be at least passingly familiar with the mechanics of the system :)