PDA

View Full Version : New to the whole program

Thariss
November 29th, 2009, 07:12
Hello everyone, (I don't know if this belongs here or not)

I am familiar with fantasy grounds 2 such as knowing what it is and what it is for, But I don't know if it is any good or if it has a good community or is it just 10yr olds and grievers.

What I am asking is should I buy it and why. I am really big into PnP, and a friend of mine had this before he moved and it looked good. I finally have some money left over to spend on recreational activities and was wondering if this would be a good investment.

Also I am asking if the lite or full license is preferred to someone who just wants to play, have fun, and spend time with nice people, and maybe do the occasional (and by occasional I mean every weekend or so) game creation just as side work or just to mess around.

I am also wondering if the player made campaigns are any good or if the Lite players get access to all of it for free.

Thank you and Sincerest Regards

Theriss

taliom
November 29th, 2009, 15:09
Hello Tharis,

You can find most if not all information on the differences between Lite and Full clients in the forums. There are some great tutorials as well that will give you a much better understanding of what the clients can do. Head over to the downloads page from one of the site tabs, then navigate down to Community tutorials.

Whether you should buy it or not completely depends on you. There is certainly a community for it at the moment, games are always being advertised, and there is a very neat game calendar as well.

If you are kin to world creations then the full client is what you want. The lite client does not give you access to the options you need to create an adventure.

I would suggest to start out by testing the demo with a friend, or post a time and a day you'd like to test it and I'd be willing to connect.

Hope this helps

-Taliom

Thariss
November 29th, 2009, 18:14
I believe I am going to purchase it whether I like it or not, just to help out the community. A game that can make people play from all over the world saves us time and money, so the price is worth it.

I have been playing PnP for about 4-6 years now and this looks like it would only enhance game play and playability. Since my family doesn't always want to play this could bridge that gap.

I plan on buying it on tuesday.

Best Regards and See Everyone In Game

-Thariss

MikeParham
November 29th, 2009, 19:53
I've found the FG software and presentation very useful for our in-house (PnP0 sessions as well. We use the map displays on the large television, position players and NPCs on the maps as tokens, just as we would for an online game. It even remembers the last setup.

Very handy application, well worth the buy.

Thariss
November 29th, 2009, 21:56
I am buying it later today and plan on introducing it to the family. Be it that only 4 of us play, and lost old DnD material we can't play very often.

I hope to see you all in game and plan to have a blast with all of you and my family

Cheers!

-Theriss