PDA

View Full Version : Fixing overlap with Mod window

tcrsavage
November 25th, 2009, 22:30
I'm using 4d_jpg as a ruleset and I have a huge problem with the fact that cannot seem to move the bottom left "modifier box". It is overlapping my chat box and specifically my input line, making it hard to see typos and entered text. It created a ton of problems for me in my last game in terms of annoyance, and ctrl+click didn't move or resize it.

Anyone know how I can relocate the Modifier box, since I know the chat window will not move?

Zeus
November 27th, 2009, 01:38
Thats odd. The modifier box shouldn't be overlapping with the chatpad.

The modifier box isn't moveable, its fixed in its location. Are you running FGII in full screen or a window? Can you post a screenshot?

Oberoten
November 27th, 2009, 08:52
I expect that you are runing FG on a notebook or laptop with a low resolution. FG needs at the least 1024 x 768 in resolution to look as it should.

It is possible to move the modifier box though in : desktop_panels.xml in the ruleset folder change

<panel name="modifierstack" modes="host,client">
<class>modifierstack</class>
<bounds>
<anchored>
<bottom>
<anchor>bottom</anchor>
<offset>-63</offset>
</bottom>
<left>
<anchor>left</anchor>
<offset>15</offset>
</left>
<size>
<width>64</width>
<height>57</height>
</size>
</anchored>
</bounds>
</panel>

red heading to a higher number to move it to the right.

- Obe

Zeus
November 27th, 2009, 09:14
Oops. Yes it is moveable, I should have been clearer in that you cannot drag/resize it using FGII's interface.

I would recommend writing an extension to overwrite the panel definition as per Oberoten's post. This way you shouldn't have to make the change everytime moon_wizard releases a new version of 4E_JPG.

tcrsavage
November 27th, 2009, 15:29
I used oberon's method and just moved the window to be to the right of and flush with the chat box...at least i can see my chatbox now. Thanks much. For now I'll edit every time there is a new patch, but I'm happy enough with functionality.

:)

Oberoten
November 27th, 2009, 22:11
And me? I am just plain happy to be one of the first with a solution for once. :)

- Obe