PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Dinor Campaign problem

Kagesh
November 19th, 2009, 23:10
At a game con I won a door prize of a full license CD of FG2 and the CoC Ruleset CD that includes a full license of FG2. I looked at the files on both CDs before installing FG2 from the CoC CD as it had the newer file dates. I also installed the CoC Ruleset. When I try to load the "A Tale of Dinor" campaign I get an "Error loading data" dialog box stating "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml". I am asked if I want to try reloading the data. If I click yes, the dialog box pops up again. If I click no, FG2 closes. I've search the FG2 folders and I don't have the base.xml file. In fact, I don't have any of the d20 files. Did I get a bad install file? Should I uninstall the CoC ruleset and FG2 and reinstall FG2 from the other FG2 CD I have and also reinstall the CoC ruleset?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

I just noticed I posted this to the wrong forum. Administrators please move this post to the correct forum. Thanks!

ddavison
November 20th, 2009, 05:25
Have you updated your Fantasy Grounds application to the latest version? When you launch the application you should see an "Update" or "Update Available" button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. With the current version, you should be able to create a new campaign for 3.5E games. You will need to download and install the D20 ruleset separately, but you can find the download for that on the Downloads page of this site.

Doug

Kagesh
November 21st, 2009, 03:01
Yes, I have version 2.6.2. And I did create a new campaign for 3.5E. I also just downloaded the d20 ruleset and now the "A Tale of Dinor" campaign opens without error.

Thanks,
Mark