PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to FG. Trial Version?

Purplekjw
November 15th, 2009, 16:07
Okay, so I'm new. I've never really played any tabletop RPG games, but lately I find I've been very interested in starting. There was just the problem of... how? Well, Fantasy Grounds seems like a great solution. But the thing is... I'm not sure I could really get used to it. It seems pretty complicated.

I know there's the trial version, but there doesn't seem to be a lot you can do with it. Really all I want is to try out a game or two before I actually purchase it. (Plus I'm broke at the moment and can't afford it for another month or so) but I see that as an opportunity to figure out if it's worth it. So, I guess my point is, is it possible to try it out with the trial version? And if so, how? I realize I need to connect to a game, but that leaves the problem of having a game to connect to...

It may seem that I'm just looking for a cheap way to play, but I'm not. I'm VERY interested, and I'm fairly certain I will make the purchase once I can afford it, but I want to be certain I can really get into it and that I'm not wasting my money.

Valarian
November 15th, 2009, 17:28
Unfortunately, currently, the demo version is the only way to try out the software before buying. It's limited to D&D3e and two connections. I can see the problem if you aren't familiar with roleplaying games, as the tool only really gives you a way to run the game online. You're trying to fit an unfamiliar game in to an unfamiliar software tool.

What time zone are you in? If in (or convenient for) the UK, I could look at running a demo session for you next Saturday (21st Nov 8pm UK time). We could run something based on examples in the demo.

Purplekjw
November 15th, 2009, 17:37
Yeah, if possible then that would be absolutely great! I'm in the UK, so the time is perfect too. It'd be much appreciated.