PDA

View Full Version : D6 - System

malachi666
November 14th, 2009, 04:26
Hello,

I am thinking about creating a ruleset for D6 System. First of all, has anyone tried this? Second of all, is this work doing? Does anyone still play this system from West End Games? I just downloaded their core rules for free, legally, from Drivethrurpg.com.

Now I don't know if this is going to take a whole new ruleset. Really the mechanics are just d6's with a wild die that can explode on a 6.

Also, I would need to create a character sheet for sure. So are there any tutorials for creating character sheets?

Valarian
November 14th, 2009, 11:29
I've got a basic character sheet ruleset for WEG's Star Wars roleplaying game. That uses their d6 system. However, it's not got the wild die mechanic in there as I don't tend to use it. Many thanks for the tip regarding the system on DriveThruRPG. I like the WEG system and have a lot of the old d6 Star Wars books. It'll be interesting to see how the generic books compare.

Valarian
November 14th, 2009, 14:34
The Wild Die mechanic shouldn't be too difficult to add, by the way. I've added a similar mechanic in my Unisystem ruleset. The difference with the WEG version would be just to compare re-roll if the first die in the initial roll required it, rather than any die.

malachi666
November 14th, 2009, 16:05
OK, Valarian, could I have your WEG rule set? To learn from or to modify?