PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Fantasy grounds

Fusky
November 12th, 2009, 21:34
Today I tried to host a game. I had an external IP, but FG didn't accepted connections. It's the first time it did so. I tried the connection test, but it alwais failed. There were problems with FG servers?

Valarian
November 12th, 2009, 21:39
The FG Server for the game is your own machine. It's likely that you have not opened port 1802 through a router or firewall on your network or PC. Look in the FAQs. There's information there regarding opening up the required port and connecting. There's also a link for a website that has instructions on how to set up port forwarding for a good number of the most common routers.

Spyke
November 12th, 2009, 21:45
Today I tried to host a game. I had an external IP, but FG didn't accepted connections. It's the first time it did so. I tried the connection test, but it alwais failed. There were problems with FG servers?
Your connection is purely between your machine and your players. If you were using an IP address then even FG's alias server wouldn't have been involved.

The likeliest reason is that your port forwarding is no longer set up correctly, and the likeliest reason for that is that you are using dynamic IP addresses and your router has given your local machine a new internal IP address. Check that your port forwarding is still to the correct local IP address. (If this does turn out to be the issue, search these boards for "static IP".)

Other possibililities would include an update to your local firewall software blocking your FG port, or some new application you've recently loaded which uses the same port as FG. Sometimes you accidentally configure port forwarding for a second application without realising that it takes precedence over FG, particularly if it requires a range or ports to be passed.

Give us some more info. When did you last use FG? What's your router? etc.

Spyke