PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a D&D 4thEdition x2 weekly, 1x weekly, or a bi-weekly campaign.

QuestingWord
November 10th, 2009, 09:51
I am looking for a 2x-weekly game, 1x-weekly game or a bi-weekly game.

I would perfer to be a player at the moment, but I am also open filling the DM role and am working on a 'points-of-light' style world based around the core-campaign-setting.... but I don't have a lot of experience lately with 4e, or 3.5e... so, you would have to have pateince for the first few sessions until I find my DM mojo and groove and get a feel for the players styles.

I have maybe 40 hours worth of play experience. Most of my knowledge comes from reading a lot, but not all of the core/supplemental books, but still I have read a good portion.

Mostly I played in online games as a player... and I have done a short run DM'ing in a Pen & Paper game that died off due to 'life' getting in the way of everyones' schedules at the time when I was running it for old friends of mine.

If there is enough interest I could start up a 'Points-Of-Light' campaign, Eberron 4e Campaign or I would be happy being a player. I am also open to Forgotten Realms 4e as player and DM... but as a DM I don't have a lot of material for that setting yet.

I also, haven't used my Keep on the Shadowfell, Thunderspire and also Pryamid of Shadows. I would also like, if I start them, to continue on through Paragon Tier + Epic.

Techwise: I would use FG2 and perfer to use SKYPE for audio, since it is the free and clear solution to audio in my opinion. If someone did not want to use audio and perferred to just use in app FG2 texting, thats also fine with me. Also, I would be using the JPE_4e Ruleset... can't remember the version number, but that I can post later.

I am open to both experienced and newbie players or DMs. If interested, post and tell me what your all interested in and who is seriously interested. I am located in USA, Central Time Zone. I would not be able to start until 7-8pm and run for a few hours (3-4) on week nights. On weekends, I am way open most of the weekends until the wee hours of the mornings or during the day, as long as we come to a concensious on when to play on the weekends, we can be flexible on occassion but I perfer on play on a regular shedule.

- QuestingWord

Tom_Violence
November 10th, 2009, 10:41
I'd be interested in getting in on this, with no particular preference of setting. But as I'm currently GMT+1 I think I'd only be able to play if it was at the weekends.

Dagnalis
November 10th, 2009, 15:40
I'm interested in playing unfortunately I have an odd schedule and can only do. Saturday, Sunday afternoon, Tuesday, and Friday.

Orpheus
November 10th, 2009, 23:51
I would be interested in playing, but the weeknight 3-to-4-hour schedule is best for me. I'm married, have a kid and back in school so my schedule is kind of busy, but a regular weeknight game is ultra-doable.

I'm putting in a vote for Eberron. I wasn't a big fan of 3rd Edition overall, but that setting is awesome!

QuestingWord
November 11th, 2009, 04:18
Ok, kewl... I am open to both, just keep posting people and I will then make a decision based on mass desire... also, I am kicking around the idea of running two campaigns, one during the weekdays and one on the weekend. Depends if someone picks me up as a player. I don't mind being a player in someone else's campaign and also running one of my own.

Just to let you know.. I have some custom content for a 4e Eberron Campaign title unknown yet, but the campaign will start in the Sharn and then expand into the Ashencrown after some possibility of adventures in and around Sharn..., then the rest will take off via a planned campagin arc (flexible) that I have already recorded down on paper and planned out, also a Homebrew Campaign : "Dwarven Lords of Nerath and the Dragons of Greed (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-old-dwarven-lords-of-nerath-the-dragons-of-greed) - just a draft themed title... and also a FRs 4e Campaign that isn't far along in content... but has a theme and title "Of Shadows & Ambitions (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/of-shadows-ambitions-4e-fr)"

I have included these wiki intros to give you an example of what you might expect thematically. They haven't been updated in some time, but once I have a campaign narrowed down I will zero in and start filling out the wiki for the players and whomever else is interested in the campaign.

ALSO.. I want to run the Keep on the Shadowfell and the published adventures in that series... but I imagine that most people have played those by now... so, if its old news, I understand.

Tom_Violence
November 11th, 2009, 07:09
Well, for what its worth I've somehow managed to avoid playing Keep on the Shadowfell or any of the published adventures at all for that matter, so I'd also definitely be up for that.

Orpheus
November 11th, 2009, 13:34
Actually, I haven't played Keep on the Shadowfell either. I've downloaded it, but never got around to really looking at it beyond the basic rules introduction material in the beginning.

I've only gotten a chance to play 4e twice, with one adventure a homebrew and the second one a variation of the adventure from the D&D podcast. I'd be all up for running through whatever.

Adamus
November 11th, 2009, 15:49
I would love to get in on a weekday campaign im open to almost any time although i prefer evenings. I love forgotten realms but im down with whataver.

Toar
November 11th, 2009, 16:31
If it's start at 7-8pm CST, I'd be up for this. Count me in please..
Forgotten realm should be very interesting but I'm okay with anything.

Necromik
November 13th, 2009, 06:48
Hello all

Are you still looking for one more? What kind of time are you looking to play? I'm usually EST or CST (US)

Drizzt06
November 13th, 2009, 18:52
Would definitely be interested in this in, points of light or FR is preferable, let me know which days and what times would be good for every one and i can let you know if its do able :) Im experienced with FG and with 4e, hoping to hear form you

QuestingWord
November 14th, 2009, 13:31
The regular weekly game time that I think best works out for me is if we do it on Mondays at 7:30pm or 8:00 CST and run for about 3-4 hours and call it quits for the night, unless an extension is warrented.. and that could even mean we meet back up IF everyone is able to do so later in the week, or on the weekend... but not on a regular basis.

I think I am going to run either of two Points of Light settings of my own my modification but possibly including in one of the campaigns Keep on the Shadowfell, etc... or a Points of Light of my own devising and created all by me, except for published flavor, lore and mechanics that came from WOTC... I will let you all know in the next few days which Points of Light I want to do more, but also give you a chance to choose. I choose the Points of Lights (including the fact that 3 voted for it on the poll), because it really does give us more flexibility and doesn't bind us to something we all might not be generally famaliar with by now, or require you the players to buy an additional supplemental book you never would have normally.

Tom_Violence
November 14th, 2009, 14:00
Fair enough. If you're going with the weekday schedule then I reckon I'll have to bow out due to my timezone.

Enjoy!

Toar
November 14th, 2009, 16:07
I'll join around 8pm CST. Are we using the point buy system for the character?

Necromik
November 14th, 2009, 17:53
Mondays and Wednesdays are bad for me....so I guess I will have to bow out as well

Orpheus
November 18th, 2009, 03:00
Well, Tuesdays work for me if that's ok with the DM.

Zacharuni
November 18th, 2009, 05:10
I'll be happy to join in.

Nuah
November 19th, 2009, 06:47
Id also like to toss my hat into the ring if theres still room, ive been looking for a weekday game

Gargoyle117
November 24th, 2009, 02:33
Hopefully it's not too late to hope that there are still 2 slots open. We are in the CST and that would be a good start time.

My gf and I haven't been finding the RP that we have been looking for in LFR and would love to play in a home game. If you want to run Keep on the Shadowfell, that's fine with us. I am actually in the process of converting H3 Pyramid of Shadows for FGII use right now. I am not sure if that would be a problem for you, but I would be willing to let you use it if we get that far.

Hope there's some room.

Thanks,
Dom

someoneinatree
November 30th, 2009, 13:24
hi. Australian player here... could do tuesday night CST (wed am AEST) if you still had room!