PDA

View Full Version : <Purchase> Please help

nalo0351
November 6th, 2009, 16:48
I am a bit frantic, and therefore having some trouble finding who to direct my plea to.

My family and I finally decided to try a virtual tabletop and we chose FantasyGrounds. So late last night we started the process of purchasing 1 Full version for me to use as the DM, 6 Lite versions for my brothers and the sister-in-laws, we also got 1 copy of the Arms and Armor, Minions, and SRD.

I entered in my wife's card information (it uses her maiden name). PayPal asked me if I wanted to create an account so of course I didn't have the time for some registration stuff...

The next message I saw was that an e-check would be mailed in 3-5 DAYS...

I flew out to Wisconsin from California...and we really wanted to work with this system for a while face to face before we had to tackle it long distance.

Sooooooo... I tried to cancel the payment, but I didn't have a paypal account. *slaps forehead*

Sooooooo... we decided I could cancel the transaction with the bank in the morning when they opened and instead my brother could pay for the licenses...

about 3 hours later we successfully moved money into his paypal account and he made the purchase.

This morning my bank tells me that when it goes through they will have an "investigation" to decide if we can get our money back...

We really don't have the funds to blow $140...

Please help! Can customer service cancel the order, or shred the e-check...or ... can anyone here help?

nalo0351
November 6th, 2009, 16:51
So if you get an e-check from Elizabeth Beegle...

PLEASE don't send us any license codes!

Can you cancel a code once its issued?

Sorry for the rapid fire doublepost...I will check back later today.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sigurd
November 6th, 2009, 16:59
I'm not from the company and they are the only ones who can really help you.

My guess is that the bank 'investigating' can only help you. Tell them what happened. If it goes through smiteworks will get two payments, in your name and your brothers. Send them a private message: [email protected]

If you have problems with the Fantasy Grounds Store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/), you can get help by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Alternatively, you can purchase the software from other web stores mentioned in the Store. The bundle discounts are only available in the Fantasy Grounds Store.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_lice nse_4

Give them the names of yourself and your brother and the numbers of the creditcards you used (if any). Nobody on the open list can really help you more than this.

Above all don't panic. Remember the details involved - that will help people figure this out for you.

Good luck

Sigurd

Welcome to the community - families are good people :).

ddavison
November 6th, 2009, 17:13
I have issued a refund for the eCheck payment you sent via Paypal. Please email support AT smiteworks.com if you require any further assistance.

nalo0351
November 6th, 2009, 22:40
Sorry about this being in the wrong place...

But maybe this sort of customer SERVICE should be in a easily seen place.

I am epically grateful for the prompt no hassle refund!

As far as 1st impressions go, you folks have scored an A+

feel free to use any of my "happy testimony" for promotional reasons.

If I could fire my bank and hire you folks I would. For some folks its "scary" putting your account information out there and buying a product from a "stranger" ... you have eased my concerns completely.

THANK YOU !!!