PDA

View Full Version : New to FGII, 1 Question

darksydex3226
October 31st, 2009, 22:39
Hello Board,

I just picked up my copy of FGII Lite. I am trying to create a character using the D&D 4e ruleset, however I have no idea how to install the rule set into FGII. I downloaded something that was called 4E_JPG, but I'm not even sure if it's the right one. I looked all over the FUM website, but all I could find are "Parsers" so I just googled it and came up with that. It says that I need to move it into a folder called "ruleset" however I don't have any folder like that in my FGII folder. Does the Lite version support ruleset changing? And if so, is there something I'm not understanding? I searched the board a bit, but I couldn't really find any information to help me.

drahkar
October 31st, 2009, 23:30
ruleset is accessed through a link in the Start Menu when the full version was installed. Check there first. If that doesn't work, try going to my computer and in the address bar type:

<drive letter>:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II

Then press enter. Under there is the ruleset directory.

That being said, I'm not sure how Lite handles custom loaded rulesets like that, but if that was going to work, this would be the way.

Foen
October 31st, 2009, 23:40
Typically the ruleset is installed by the GM/Host, who runs a Full licence. Users with Lite licences then connect to the GM and inherit the ruleset second hand (it is downloaded from the host to the clients).

There is often no way to access a ruleset directly from a Lite licence, other than while still connected to the host.

Foen

drahkar
October 31st, 2009, 23:41
I had a feeling that might be the case. Sorry darksydex3226.

Foen
October 31st, 2009, 23:47
Apologies Darksydex, how rude of me: welcome to the forums, and I hope you find us friendly (even if I haven't been entirely helpful this time).

Stuart (Foen)

darksydex3226
November 1st, 2009, 07:49
Thank you for the information and the warm welcome. It's not a problem at all actually with the ruleset, I was starting to figure that was the case anyhow. :D Thanks again.