PDA

View Full Version : How do I load pictures using the Mac version?

Waxfire
October 30th, 2009, 22:34
Pretty much says it all. I'm using CrossOver. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EugeneZ
October 30th, 2009, 23:39
There is no Mac version, but you indicated you are using CrossOver. I'm not an expert but I believe CrossOver is a fork of Wine, right? Or, at least, works the same way: it implements the system calls made by windows binaries. If so, you're not using a Mac version, instead your binary interpreter (CrossOver) somehow translates the system call to read files from the %AppData%/Fantasy Grounds II/campaigns/<campaign>/images directory

Wine creates a disk (I believe last time I checked it was in ~/.wine/c_drive), but I don't know if CrossOver does this. Probably. You'll need to figure out where CrossOver keeps the files it's applications require and then find that folder and treat it as if it was the root of a Windows machine -- other than that, FG2 is identical.

I'm sorry these aren't step-by-step instructions, but you might be better off asking in the CrossOver forums or whatever they have where the %appData% directory is. Maybe someone here knows, though.

suntzu777
October 31st, 2009, 17:02
Pretty much says it all. I'm using CrossOver. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
if you "manage" the bottle under crossover that your FG2 sofware is installed you will see the "c" drive it is then just a process of navigating to the relevent folder and dropping the items you require into that folder be it rulesets , tokens maps etc

Doswelk
November 3rd, 2009, 13:10

Thanks!

Not having a Mac to test this on did it not create a Application Data Folder Icon as part of the install (I seem to recall the last time I tried FGII on Linux it did, but that was Wine and Linux of course).

Waxfire
November 10th, 2009, 05:03
Not having a Mac to test this on did it not create a Application Data Folder Icon as part of the install (I seem to recall the last time I tried FGII on Linux it did, but that was Wine and Linux of course).

Yes, it did create an Application Data Folder icon and I can see the contents using Show Package Contents. Inside it is a folder called Contents. I can open that folder and inside it are folders called Resources and MacOS and two files called info.plist and pkginfo. Resources contains CrossOverHelper.icns and English.lproj. MacOS contains CrossOver Helper with Feedback.

Any ideas on next step? And thanks so far for the suggestions.