PDA

View Full Version : Image Tools

Foen
October 30th, 2009, 12:29
As mentioned in another post, I have an extension which adds a drawing toolbar to image windows. The toolbar allows you to select different drawing tools (pen, eraser and mask) with a single click, and to toggle between hex and square grids.

The hex/square toggle works at an individual image level, so you can have some maps with square grids and some with hex grids.

Due to a bug in the FG engine, the toolbar doesn't always respond when the user switches tools using the radial menus (or it could be my failure to understand the relevant events).

The toolbar is designed to work with the Foundation/d20 rulesets, but runs fine with others which use the standard code/xml for imagewindow window classes. It has been tested with the Rolemaster Classic ruleset: see the attached thumbnail, where I have highlighted the toolbar with a red box.

Hope you find it useful,

Stuart

VenomousFiligree
October 30th, 2009, 13:53
Nice work :)

gmkieran
October 30th, 2009, 18:19
I'll try it with the 4E_JPG set and let you know how it does!

Foen
October 30th, 2009, 19:30
I think there is a shortfall with the grid-snap logic, and will post an update with a fix.

Please note that this is a universal extension and hence cannot link in to the options/preferences implemented in different rulesets.

Cheers

Stuart

Foen
October 31st, 2009, 07:48
I have fixed the snap-logic in the extension, which is now attached.

Sorry for the delay,

Stuart

Foen
October 31st, 2009, 07:51
doh! posted in wrong thread.

Foen
October 31st, 2009, 10:52
NB: The FG Wiki has been updated with corrected version.