PDA

View Full Version : Can't run Fantasy Grounds on Vista

Mal
October 30th, 2009, 04:47
I had been running Fantasy Grounds on Vista with no problems when I began receiving file transfer errors at the beginning of every gaming session. They would last for at least a half hour. I decided to uninstall and re-install fantasy grounds to see if that would clear things up and now it won't run at all. My computer is telling me that Fantasy Grounds is not a valid win32 application and will not run. I know it should run, because it used to run fine except for the extensive error messages that scrolled across the chat log when I would first sign on. When I ran the update for the first time after running the install I did receive an 'error processing package list' message. But after starting the update back up it seemed to finish updating with no further problems until I actually tried to run the program and got the not valid win32 app message.

Any ideas on what could be causing these errors?

Griogre
October 31st, 2009, 20:15
It sounds like FG is corrupt or possibly the ruleset you are trying to run. I would un-install and re-install.

Naturally, it would have been helpful if you could have saved some of the error messages. However, there is no way a normal install should have a half an hour of error messages.

Spyke
November 3rd, 2009, 12:59
If they're scrolling across the chat log, have you got the error messages saved in the chat log file?

Which ruleset are you using?

Spyke