PDA

View Full Version : 4e Parser or How to make your own?

tdewitt274
October 25th, 2009, 21:57
I know this has been asked a million times, but is there any kind of cheat sheet for the 4e DDI parser? I've read plenty of pages, posts, and txt files with no success. I have managed to figure out how to scrape the information, but have no idea if I've set up the process correctly. I'm not looking for hand holding, but are there some kind of "do this, then this" type of instructions?

If this simply does not exist, can someone point me in the direction for creating my own XML files to use with the 4E_JPG? I've had considerable success scraping DDI information during GenCon (10,000+ records) using a XAMPP server and 3 lines of PHP code (OK, it's a little more complex than that, but 3 lines at it's core). I'll need to parse the data into some recognizable format for the XML, but want to be sure to conform to existing standards.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Todd

Griogre
October 30th, 2009, 20:07
You should ask this over in the 4E Development group at FUM. This is a huge subject.

tdewitt274
November 1st, 2009, 11:59
You should ask this over in the 4E Development group at FUM. This is a huge subject.

Thanks, I'll take a look.