PDA

View Full Version : Starting playing?

Thistle
October 25th, 2009, 15:53
Hi, I've checked out the demo and tried it out and it looks like something I want to buy. But how easy is it to play? Do new players have a hard time finding games? Is the community good enough to welcome "noobs" with open arms?
I've played a couple of games in real life and its already difficult to get together, so how does it work for this game? Is it easy to join gaming groups?

Sorry for all the questions, I just need to be sure if I put my money into something that I will like.

Thanks !

Cheers

RobG
October 25th, 2009, 19:23
Hi,

I don't think being a noob is an issue, people are generally friendly and happy to help new players.

Finding a group depends a lot on what you want to play, where you live and when you want to play.

If you want to play D&D and live in the US I'd say its very easy, if you live in Europe and want to play something else, not quite so easy, but there is definitely games going on you can join, if you aren't too set on one thing and don't have too many restrictions on when you can play.

Rob

Griogre
October 29th, 2009, 19:09
Thistle, one of the best ways to find out how hard it would be to find a game you are interested in playing at a time you could play - is go to the guild hall message board. Go back through several weeks of posts and see how many games that would have interested you. That should answer your question.

Like RobG said though, the more popular the game you like playing and the more conventional your work schedule the easier it will be to find a game.

Foen
October 29th, 2009, 22:25
the more popular the game you like playing and the more conventional your work schedule the easier it will be to find a game

Hey! There is nothing unconventional about living on the righthand side of the Atlantic! *grins*

Foen

Griogre
October 30th, 2009, 19:48
LOL, Foen, you *would* say that! ;) There also should have been a provision about living near a major population if you work a more or less "standard" week.

One of the best things about FG really, is you can play at what would be an "odd" time for you with people on a more "conventional" schedule. This is *very* handy for those who work nights, ect.

I played in one very enjoyable game based on European time which allowed me to play Friday mornings - which I had off at the time.