PDA

View Full Version : Experienced 4E GM Starting group (GMT +0 / UK)

jrawkus2
October 20th, 2009, 18:31
Hi Guys,

I looking to put together a group to play 4e D&D one night a week - possibly around 8pm (but the time and day will of course be flexible based around the players)

I've been running a 4e game for well over a year now, to much success and have been running other rpg's and wargames for a number of years (10+) prior to this too. I try and keep all my players interest in the game, and my #1 rule is that we all play for fun, so i try and provide elements in the game that each player will enjoy

I'm new to the online aspect of roleplaying (ie running a game through fantasy grounds) so this will be a new learning experience for me - although i now have a solid understadning of the software.

I'll be running the game with the emphasis on being light and casual, although i'll more than happily continue and develop the game into a full blown campaign should the group choose do so and were all having fun!

Let me know what you think and leave me a pm or reply if your interested in joining up!

Jim1829
October 20th, 2009, 20:12
I'm interested. I'm GMT-7 though but M,W,F, & Sat are wide open. ;)

Fiskonian
October 20th, 2009, 21:52
Would love to play a game. I'm in GMT + 4:30 so the time might be a bit awkward for me though.
If you don't mind, I'd like to play though. (can't guarantee a set time, my OIC has me on night shift but is thinking about putting me back on days)

Neve12ende12
October 21st, 2009, 00:31
I would love to join if the games are on weekends. I'm -6 CST

Zeus
October 21st, 2009, 00:44
I might be up for that depending on which night(s) you opt for. I'm in UK so timezone fits however I also DM two other 4e games via FGII so won't be able to play Wed/Fri.

jrawkus2
October 21st, 2009, 20:09
Hey guys I'm thinking possibly thursday nights? I work in a wargame shop tuesday and friday nights, have my regular d&d on sat/sun so im "full" on regular days

Let me know how this fits for everyone - I'm thinking of starting the game at around 8pm-8.30pm going on till 12midnight at the latest really.

Also with characters would people prefer to roll their characters themselves or hae me do it? I'm easy either way, also if people want to write a background that either gives them a +2 to a specific skill OR allows them to add a new skill trained list during character generation i'm also cool with that.

Let me know if their's anything else that will be cool or fun to play

Dave

Drizzt06
October 21st, 2009, 23:59
still looking for more ? just came back form a hiatus looking for new 4e group anyways let me know if there are still spots open would very much like to get back into it thanks !

Tom_Violence
October 22nd, 2009, 11:30
Hey guys I'm thinking possibly thursday nights? I work in a wargame shop tuesday and friday nights, have my regular d&d on sat/sun so im "full" on regular days

Let me know how this fits for everyone - I'm thinking of starting the game at around 8pm-8.30pm going on till 12midnight at the latest really.

Also with characters would people prefer to roll their characters themselves or hae me do it? I'm easy either way, also if people want to write a background that either gives them a +2 to a specific skill OR allows them to add a new skill trained list during character generation i'm also cool with that.

Let me know if their's anything else that will be cool or fun to play

Dave

Dang, that's a shame. Thursday is actually one of the days that doesn't work for me, as I play with another group then. Mondays, Wednesdays, and weekends work best for me (I don't get back from work until 9.30 GMT+1 on Tuesdays and Fridays).

Oh well, I'll keep watching the thread in case anything changes!

Jim1829
October 23rd, 2009, 04:13
Thursdays rule me out as well.

Fiskonian
October 23rd, 2009, 08:28
Thursday... or any day, works great for me!

jrawkus2
October 23rd, 2009, 08:37
Monday any good - looks liek thursday is a no go! :D

Tom_Violence
October 23rd, 2009, 11:17
Monday works a treat!

jrawkus2
October 23rd, 2009, 18:10
Day may now change to monday this okay for everyone, also i've managed to parse the monster manual but not the dmg and phb - will people need them?

Drizzt06
October 24th, 2009, 15:20
monday sounds good man :)

Drizzt06
October 25th, 2009, 20:29
ya thursdays would work for me

Jim1829
October 26th, 2009, 02:06
Mondays are perfect for me :)

Raznok193
October 26th, 2009, 03:45
if u dont mind a newbie joining id be willing to play on Mondays

jrawkus2
October 27th, 2009, 00:22
Thats fine mate there's definatley space for you, we just got started but we can find a way of getting you and another player whos playing next week in. If you can get skype - so closer to the time i can msg with details on joining and some other bits.

Dave

Raznok193
October 27th, 2009, 05:25
i just downloaded and installed skype earlier today so im rdy to go

im not too familiar with skype though

Raznok193
October 28th, 2009, 03:15
i was also wondering what other character classes the other players made so i dont end up playing the same class as someone else

Zeus
October 28th, 2009, 20:58
i was also wondering what other character classes the other players made so i dont end up playing the same class as someone else

Raznok, I'm playing an Eladrin War Wizard and I believe Tom's playing a Human Fighter.

Drizzt06
October 29th, 2009, 00:39
and i got a nice elf ranger rolled up for next monday as well Raz :)

Raznok193
October 29th, 2009, 19:13
aight, well im thinking about making a Dragonborn paladin, or a dragonborn sword mage, what do u guys think i should go with?

Jim1829
October 29th, 2009, 20:25
I can try running a cleric. I think I may have one already worked up in Character Builder.

Drizzt06
October 30th, 2009, 07:06
Im likign this group swordmage could be fun i think Raz could use the back up the melee Striker cause my ranger is all ranged, hopefully with a nice companion once everything DM willing :), and the cleric would be the icing on the cake Feris :) cant wait to see ya all monday

PS Raz Sick the Avatar

Raznok193
October 30th, 2009, 18:26
aight so i have a Dragonborn Swordmage ready for Monday, what character level are we starting at?

Zeus
October 30th, 2009, 18:56
We starting from Level 1.

Raznok193
October 31st, 2009, 20:30
two more questions, can i play without having the 4.0 ruleset thingy, cause i can figure out how to put it on and how long are we gonna be playing on monday?

Drizzt06
October 31st, 2009, 23:48
most session last up to 4 hours of play depending on the DM, most of them will have 5 maybe 10 min breaks and such, well what im used to playing, all DMs are different though :)

jrawkus2
November 1st, 2009, 01:07
I'll have the server up for about 7.30 - check to see if I'm on skype, with the aim to start play as close to 8 as possible - last session laster 3 hours i believe. Although a fair amount was sorting out connection/ruleset issues.

If there's any issues with rulesets we can chat over skype and ill walk you through waht you need to get them working.

Tom_Violence
November 1st, 2009, 16:04
Speaking of timing, last time a good chunk of discussion was establishing the background of the group. And since we've got new characters coming in tomorrow, might it be good to work out the hows and whys of meetings beforehand? Or are you way ahead of me? ;)

Jim1829
November 2nd, 2009, 18:58
Looking forward to playing. However, I don't have any of the connection details. I've added jrawkus to my skype list and I'm fairly confident that's correct... but unless I'm missing something, it's close to game time and no one's logged in.

Porop
November 2nd, 2009, 20:03
Same here. Very much looking forward to the first session, but I have no contact details so I'm a bit lost.

Tom_Violence
November 2nd, 2009, 20:05
I too must admit a complete inability to connect. Has any of the details changed from last week?

I'll just sit tight and hope our host is running a little late. :)

Raznok193
November 2nd, 2009, 20:31
not sure if ne of u have heard ne thing or if i just have the wrong info but im still waiting on the host

Tom_Violence
November 2nd, 2009, 20:33
I've still got last week's alias (I assume it'd be the same this week - no reason not to be). But I'm not getting through either. I'll PM everyone the alias on the sheer off-chance that someone else has better luck than me for some wacky reason.

Drizzt06
November 2nd, 2009, 20:38
Im sure he is a little late guys dont owrry Real life happens :P, but im stoked to get on and playi got faith he'll be there soon, while we wait we could go ahead and andd each other on skype ?ill pm poeple my email just add me when you guys get it

Tom_Violence
November 9th, 2009, 20:51
Is this game dead in the water at this stage, or has anyone heard from our elusive DM?

Raznok193
November 10th, 2009, 07:00
im gonna go ahead and quit cause i dont think its gonna happen

Zeus
November 10th, 2009, 09:10
I was wondering this to?