PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon theme For 4th ed

Bronsonortiz
October 11th, 2009, 19:29
I just added the 4th ed ruleset which works fine, as far as I can tell. I also dled the 4ht ed Dungeon theme how do I install this. I tried copying it to the 4th ed rule set folder but that ruined the 4th rule set. The background shows up, but no tabs, or chat box, just the background and the dice. I'm sure I I'm doing it wrong and was hoping if I could get some help.

Tenian
October 11th, 2009, 19:36
If it's off the Wiki, I think it's a just a extension (.ext file). You should just put it in your extensions folder. The same as any other extension. You can then toggle it on/off for each campaign from the load campaign screen.

Bronsonortiz
October 11th, 2009, 19:53
It's not an ext. it looks like a ruleset folder it has a bunch of file and folders, so I pasted the files and foilders in the 4th ed rule set folder but that messed up the 4th ed ruleset so I had to reinstall the ruleset.

yondar
October 11th, 2009, 20:18
For some reason it downloads as a zip file, just re-name it with .ext instead of .zip then put it in the extensions folder

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2009, 07:16
I'm not sure why it's downloading as a ZIP file. It's shown as an EXT file on my web server, and it downloads as an EXT file in my web browser (Chrome).

At any rate, it should remained zipped up, the file should end with .ext, and the file should be placed in the <FG2 Application Data Folder>\extensions.

You can get to the <FG2 Application Data Folder> by going to Start->Program Files->Fantasy Grounds II->Application Data Folder.

Cheers,
JPG

EugeneZ
October 13th, 2009, 13:49
If I recall, Internet Explorer tries to get cute with downloads. It'll actually read the header info and rename the file. I'm not 100% certain it's IE that exhibits this behavior, or if it's a virus scan, or what, but I've seen customers have this issue at my job.

So it reads the header of the file, sees its a zip, and renames it. Not much anyone can do about it except examine the file name before you download and rename the result. Maybe there's an option to turn it off somewhere?

Zeus
October 13th, 2009, 17:08
I'm not sure about it being localized to IE as I get it on my Safari browser, I'm just guessing but its probably related to the MIME type configuration of the web server or as Eugenez states an anti-virus (server side) solution.

I believe our MIMEsweeper setup at work does a similar thing with some of the files we receive through email. i.e. renamed zip files get renamed back to .zip