PDA

View Full Version : Manual for PC and Campaign creation in SW?

ruckel
October 10th, 2009, 08:41
Hello!

Recently I downloaded the tutorials and although these are very well made I was quite disappointed because they were all D&D-related.

Since I am more a SW player and still trying to get an idea of how to create PCs and campaigns a manual for this would be great.

But ok! I can wish for many things. But maybe you can help me out with some things (it is possible that I add some more questions later in this thread but these are what comes to my mind now):

1. When you try to create a PC you can write the setting on the sheet as well. Then there is this grey circle next to it and when I click on it it says "Setting Mods" and then there is a 0. What does that mean?

2. Does FG keep in mind the maximum number of points for skills and attributes and edges during PC creation?

3. I was trying to make a NE PC and gave this guy the Power "Attack, Melee" and decided that he get a point of AP as well. How can I make it possible for FG to acknowledge AP as well?

4. I decided to take the Power Toughness as well. So how can I make sure that the effect of this power will be acknowledged by FG or do I just have to raise the Toughness manually?

5. I tried to add armor from the NE players guide. Unfortunately I had to write it manually. Is there a way to drag the armor just to the right spot and then it will be added?

6. Can somebody please describe me how to implement let's say the first adventure of NE or a another SW setting in the campaign? I open the library and try to drag the text of the adventure to the story box but it is not working. So if somebody please describe me step by step how I can create such an adventure that will great.
That is all for now! Thank you in advance for your answers!

Doswelk
October 10th, 2009, 10:43
1. When you try to create a PC you can write the setting on the sheet as well. Then there is this grey circle next to it and when I click on it it says "Setting Mods" and then there is a 0. What does that mean?
Some Settings Rippers for example have extra Stats e.g. Reason, this is just somewhere to store that.

2. Does FG keep in mind the maximum number of points for skills and attributes and edges during PC creation?
FGII is just another way of sitting round a table with some paper character sheets (albeit over the internet), thus the character sheets are pretty much the same as a paper one, automation tends to split people, some people like to have as much automated as possible and others like the "Pure" pen and paper feel.

As it stands the only automation (off the top of my head) is base calculation of derived stats (pace,parry etc).

3. I was trying to make a NE PC and gave this guy the Power "Attack, Melee" and decided that he get a point of AP as well. How can I make it possible for FG to acknowledge AP as well?
When you make an attack you tell the GM the AP of the attack (again just like pen and paper there is not automated way to do this).

4. I decided to take the Power Toughness as well. So how can I make sure that the effect of this power will be acknowledged by FG or do I just have to raise the Toughness manually?
Did you just create an entry toughness or drag the edge from the SWEX book in the library? If you do the latter I believe it updates the base derived stats (I am not sure as we use Metacreator to gen of SW characters and just key in the data)

5. I tried to add armor from the NE players guide. Unfortunately I had to write it manually. Is there a way to drag the armor just to the right spot and then it will be added?

Drag and drop of equipment (I have read, I am no coder) is very complicated to implement so at this time it is not there. (I think it's because each item as it was dragged would need to identify itself as a specific type of item and then correctly update the correct section of the character sheet).

6. Can somebody please describe me how to implement let's say the first adventure of NE or a another SW setting in the campaign? I open the library and try to drag the text of the adventure to the story box but it is not working. So if somebody please describe me step by step how I can create such an adventure that will great.
That is all for now! Thank you in advance for your answers!
I am not sure I understand the above question so I'll make some assumptions:

You have the SWEX ruleset (version 3) and the NE module?

You are trying to copy a plot tale from NE to the story window?

If that is the case then you do not need to the plot points are already designed as encounters (the window that story mode uses) you just run them from the library.

If you want to modify an NPC then you can drag the link icon to the personalities area and modify that one.

Hope some of that helps...

ruckel
October 11th, 2009, 06:50
Thank you so much! I was not very sure about these things and did much of it manually. So now I know that it is supposed to work like that. And thank you very much for the help with the adventure. That is good news.