PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Castles and Crusades groups?

bigironvault
October 7th, 2009, 22:33
Hi all, wondering if anyone is currently running a C&C game? If yes, is there space for another. If no, maybe I should run one if there's enough interest.

I guess my only claim to fame/DM cred is that I was there when C&C came out from the start and seen its evolution. I also wrote a weekly webcomic "Heroes of the Brick" that is now defunct (long story, Google LEGO Trademarks) ... and currently publishing a quarterly RPG magazine with a growing readership. -- LOL not sure how that sells me as a DM/CK but I guess I'm trying to say that I love RPGs?

If there's no current C&C group, I'd like to run a "Good" campaign for 3 to 4 players.

Sakusammakko
October 8th, 2009, 09:02
We have a monthly group (more or less) Saturdays 8pm EDT.

Rob (Suntzu777) has a C&C game in the Euro time zone.

MikeParham
October 8th, 2009, 11:09
While I am not familiar with the C&C game, I am a very experienced D&D player living on the east coast with Monday and Tuesday evenings available to play should you choose to run a game.

bigironvault
October 8th, 2009, 23:06
Thanks I will take note of it. C&C will bring you back to the old days of D&D. At least that's how it felt the first time I played it. If we have two more I think we can have a good game.

Bronsonortiz
October 10th, 2009, 22:02
I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and am looking to join a campaign. I am not new to D&D and would love to be part of your group.

MikeParham
October 13th, 2009, 17:01
Hello Bigironvault,

Any more word on plans to start up this game? If you still need players I am certain that I might be able to find one more. Or are you still seeking to find a game to play in?

Also, for those of us not familiar with C&C, what should we be reviewing for preparations?

tenkar
October 15th, 2009, 01:46
Heroes of the Brick was a fun read. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah, C&C is a walk down memory lane with new shoes and fresh pavement ;)

bigironvault
October 20th, 2009, 00:55
Woah did I stumble upon someone who actually read my webcomic? That's really awesome.

Yes, Heroes of the Brick was something that I always wanted to keep going but it was a project that eventually had to end. I really miss it and I wish that I could still do it but alas ... I dont' want to bad mouth any companies here.

Sorry for the delay in posting the magazine and the special project has been keeping me REALLY busy.

Let me try to answer a few questions.

1. You really don't need to prepare much for a C&C game. It's very story based.

2. Other than the rules I can't think of anything else that you might need.

3. I still need to figure out a schedule but I plan to do it biweekly, weekday evenings. Thursday maybe?

Chances are that I'll run some pre-published adventures before I dare go ahead and do one of my own. As I'm still a newb in FG.

I can do a game of four.

My only rule is consistency, that is we won't play unless everyone is online. I know its a bummer but we really can't have anyone unless they are committed. As most of you are GMs, it's a lot of work to GM and have no one play :(

If that doesn't scare you away (and the fact that I'm very much a story teller not a GM - ie. not much rolling) then you're in!

Who's interested for sure?