PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.6.1)

Goblin-King
October 7th, 2009, 12:43
Version 2.6.1

Fixed a bug causing module images with shortcuts to get duplicated shortcut entries.
Added a variable to the script environment of window instances contained in subwindow controls. The variable parentcontrol will refer to the subwindow control containing the window instance. To index the window containing the subwindow control, use parentcontrol.window. Also, the event onSubwindowInstantiated (no parameters) will be fired on the window instance contained in the subwindow when it is created. It will be fired after onInit.Additionally, the ruleset reference documentation was updated to account for recent changes.

Eccoloth
October 11th, 2009, 22:58
Hello!
Maybe there is a problem with the 2.6.1 version an Windows Vista?

My group usually plays every Sunday.
Last Sunday (4th October) everything went well. I think that was still with the 2.5.1 version.
But today we had a lot of connection problems and finally we cancelled the appointment.

2 clients run on Windows XP and 3 on Windows Vista (one of them is the GM).
The guys with Windows XP could connect to the GM but we were not able to choose our character.
With Windows Vista there was absolutely no connection possible.

Do you have any suggestion about what to do?

Kind regards

SWorD84
October 13th, 2009, 13:02
Hi there!

I'm the aforementioned Gamemaster, Eccoloth is one of my players.

We're using the 4E_JPG ruleset (https://fantasygrounds.wikia.com/wiki/4E_JPG) for Fantasy Grounds and it worked pretty well so far.

But after updating FG to 2.6.1 we've encountered a lot of problems last sunday (7 p.m. to 8 p.m. GMT +01:00):
- no one could see his character
- one client crashed at "New Character" creation
- client to host connection was very slow
(our campaign folder has only the size of 4 mb)
- two clients weren't able to connect to the host.

Our setup:
1. host (Vista) and one client (Vista) behind a router,
2. one client (XP),
3. one client (XP) and one client (Vista) behind a router.

1. worked with 2. until last sunday. The three pcs in bold could establish a connection last sunday.

We're not sure how to proceed, i.e. what to do. Help is appreciated. :)

EugeneZ
October 13th, 2009, 13:44
I don't think anyone has been reporting these types of problems with 2.6.1, so I don't think the update is directly related to the issues. How many successful games did you run on previous updates?

The next steps I would suggest is for everyone to uninstall and reinstall FG2. This procedure has fixed crashes for people before. Try and ensure that as little software as possible is running when you start FG2. Double and triple check your router configurations.

Let us know if that helps, I suppose.