PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds - Dark Fantasy

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2009, 19:36
I will be running a dark fantasy adventure as a one shot this coming Saturday (October 10th) at 1 pm EST.

Savage Worlds is a very easy and intuitive rule system that leaves more room for your creative side and roleplay. The combats are cinematic and fast paced. The motto is Fast, Fun and Furious.

You can get a free pdf of the test drive rules here (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf). For a player it's pretty much all you need.

Also, here (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SW_Fantasy/Wizards&Warriors.pdf) you'll find the extension for playing in a Fantasy setting and here pre-gens (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SW_Fantasy/Pregens_Fantasy.pdf)characters for the session.

I have 3 confirmed already. I will accept two more. First come first served. Be the first to call dibs on the character you want. Right now only Fox the Ranger has been claimed.

mr_h
October 6th, 2009, 19:49
I will be running a dark fantasy adventure as a one shot this coming Saturday (October 10th) at 1 pm EST.

How long do you think the game session will last?
*eying his calendar*

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2009, 19:56
3 or 4 hours

Altarus
October 6th, 2009, 19:58
What client you running? Updates don't work on this comp cuzz of the firewall unless I download the installer and do it that way and they dont offer that here yet.

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2009, 21:05
the latest... version 2.6.0

Mask_of_winter
October 6th, 2009, 22:05
Raiders of Skavenblight

Ramel Ramelson was in a deep slumber when a loud pounding on his front door woke him up. “Open up or Ylias smite thee old Ramelson!” pleaded the voice on the other side. Drowsy, Ramel did not recognize the voice of Traren at first. He opened the door to let his friend in, along with a gust of chilling wind from outside. After shutting the door behind him, Ramel realized that his friend Traren the Templar was gravely wounded.

“The Temple of Gleamrock was attacked during the night” he said, still trying to catch his breath. Poor Traren had to cover the four miles distance in the cold night and wounded to reach Tresgiz (his village) and break the bad news, he thought. “Skaven, the ratmen came in great numbers under the cover of night. They slaughtered everyone. I fear I am the only survivor. The wretched little rodents took the Royal Crown with them”. Traren’s words stroke fear into Ramel’s heart.

The people of Var were waiting on the king to return and affix the Royal Crown onto his head, thus reuniting the kingdom and repel the Skaven invaders. Without the Royal Crown, the people of Var would lose all hope. It wouldn’t take long before Var fell and the new usurpers reduce all living beings to slavery.

The Skaven came from deep underground. By now, it was safe to assume they had spies and troops ready to strike in every town or city. From below the ground, they plot in secrecy and revel in blasphemy. Ramel knew he had to find the raiders and bring back the Royal Crown to the Temple of Gleamrock. Fortunately, his friends Fox, Marcus, Merula and Gar were visiting. They would surely be of great help in these dire hours. It was time to wake them up.

“I know you will be prompt to remind me how bad of a host I am friends but hear me out. Prepare for travel, prepare for battle, we leave tonight for Var’Elsen. We have to pay a visit to our dear friends the Skaven and I have a feeling we’ll find them there. I will explain the rest on our way there.”
Skaven were adept at not being found. But surely, someone in Var’Elsen’s town square would point Ramel and his friends to the right place with a bit of legwork and palm-greasing.

CyberWyrm
October 9th, 2009, 15:42
I have my eye on Ramel the dwarf, if he's taken I'll take Gar the orc.

Serrith
October 9th, 2009, 20:59
Fox reporting to duty. I heard Ramel needed help. Let me just fletch some arrows and I'll be good to go.

CyberWyrm
October 10th, 2009, 04:49
I ain't be needing those skinny arrows of yours, ya pointy eared tree sneak!

Serrith
October 10th, 2009, 05:13
>.< sigh. I HATE to report this but, I forgot I had to go to a cancer rally tomorrow 2 hours after the starting time. I'm afraid I would just be a waste of time if I played halfway through then left.

if you still want me for those 2 hours or so then I will play by all means.

bislab
October 10th, 2009, 14:46
If you still have a spot opened i'd love to play. This IS short notice I understand. I have played SW for many years, even got to play in some of the original play tests for the game. FG2 is still somewhat new to me, my first game was yesterday!

Mask_of_winter
October 10th, 2009, 16:49
Yeah, 2 1/2 players wont cut it. Call me silly but I dont run games for that few number of players. So I'm gonna have to cancel it.

Bislab. I'm a big fan of SW. I used to run a Saturday afternoon game. Seems like its hard time slot to keep players. If I can find enough reliable players for Saturdays it'd be great to start a new group. You'll be welcome of course.

Serrith
October 10th, 2009, 17:56
Well...for the record I'll be able to attend the rest of the Saturdays you wish to host..just not this one.