PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Party

rickyrascal
October 5th, 2009, 02:22
Hello Everyone,
I was directed to this site from the Wizards of the coast Site when looking at the D&D forums.

Basactly , My problem is ive never actually played D&D tabletop how it should be played.
I was brought it as a present when i was very young and I just read the storys to myself and played with the peices.
Ive played tons of RPG games and games like Buldars gate and Nether Winter Nights but I really want to play an oldschool tabletop game.

Now nobody I Know is into that sort of thing and it would be very hard for me to setup a game in my area so I started looking for online tabletop software.

I was directed here and have downloaded FantasyGrounds2 Demo.
I dont fully understand how you decide your characters stats but I assume that demo gives the basic requirements for you to make a character and join a game.

So next I downloaded GURPS lite as I noticed it linked in the forums as something to try as a new player.

Basactly what im after now is a DM and a party of players willing to accept a new player and teach me the ropes. Tell me what im doing wrong and if im pushing my character too much ect.

Id just like to play my first tabletop online and enjoy it with some fun loving Role Players

Anyone intrested please let me know.

Many Thanks
Ricky:bandit:

trevorgall
October 5th, 2009, 13:14
Ricky

Helps to say what time zone you can play in..and times you can play.

I am a DM in SYDNEY AUSTRALIA time zone.

But your probably US?

rickyrascal
October 5th, 2009, 15:57
Im GMT 0 , London Timezone. However alot of my gaming is late night So I can stay up for games in time zones a few hours out.

Currently studying Law and Unemployed so late nights not a problem as I dont have work :)

Anyone near these timezones intrested in taking a new party member under thier wing ?

Whats the TimeZone diffrence between us Trevorgall ?

Necromik
October 5th, 2009, 20:00
There are several games on European time.

Basically you just need to find one.
I will suggest fora new comer to get familiar with 4e D&D if that is what you want to play. A lot has changed from good old AD&D!!!

Also you can download for free the Character builder program from the Wizards of the coast website which will give a good idea of how the classes and powers work.

Unfortunately I'm not aware about any games in europe since I'm on US EST time but I'm sure there are plenty out there.

The games I know that could be looking for player are on Monday night and Saturday morning both EST.

Good Luck

VenomousFiligree
October 5th, 2009, 20:03
I'm GMT, however I mainly GM using Savage Worlds, if you're interested let me know.

Phil