PDA

View Full Version : Noob question: What do I need?

ruckel
October 3rd, 2009, 08:25
Hello and good morning!

I am very new to FG and still don't have much of a clue of how to use the program. But I am already keen on using it to run my own campaign (especially since there are really no players in my local area and even if: most won't be able to speak English or German).

So my question is what do I need to run a group? Do I need the rulebooks or are these somewhere contained in the FG program?

What is contained in the setting modules? Is it special rules for the setting or is it something like the full setting book which contains even plot point campaigns (like in several SW releases)?

EugeneZ
October 3rd, 2009, 09:09
FG2 comes with the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition SRD. If that sounds confusing, it kind of is.

Wizards of the Coast allowed many of the rule portions of DnD 3.5 to be reproduced to allow publishers to build on top of the system. This means that FG2 includes the portions of the ruleset that have legally been made available.

However, I think playing without the original rulebooks would be difficult. I am sure there are game systems that work on FG2 for which you do not need to buy any books, but I do not know what they are. All I can say is that with a copy of the core rulebooks for 3.5/4e DnD, you can use custom rulesets that can be found here on the forums for a very complete experience. :)

VenomousFiligree
October 3rd, 2009, 09:29
As mentioned in your other thread, they're incorporated via modules. All the savage worlds settings and adventures are complete transcripts of the original pdfs