PDA

View Full Version : Token headaches

gmkieran
October 3rd, 2009, 01:23
More NooGM drama. Is there a way to eliminate tokens from a campaign's memory? I haven't even exported it to a module, yet, and already it seems to have 62 Mb of tokens! I've had a large selection of tokens available during the creation process, of course, but I didn't expect the program to remember all of them! I've even completely emptied my Host token folder and they still appear in any campaign I open. I started a new campaign thinking it might not have any tokens - fail, they're all there. I also created a tiny module (2 encounters, 3 maps, a dozen tokens) as a test game. FG downloaded the entire contents of my Host folder (I have nothing in my Shared folder and haven't for months) to my players. What have I done wrong and how do I avoid doing it again (assuming I can undo it)?!!!

edit: I have answered my own question and I apologize for the drama! For anyone else who may have this issue, there is a Tokens folder in the main FG folder that has Host and Shared folders in it. These are used for campaign tokens. 4E_JPG ALSO has a Tokens folder - anything in there is loaded every time you load the rule-set. Under the erroneous assumption that I would ALWAYS want to have access to EVERY token, I put my entire stock in there and THEN put them all in Host, too! ID10T error. ;)