PDA

View Full Version : Players problem connecting to me.

Totalgit
September 30th, 2009, 01:03
I am having abit of a problem with a player connecting to my test game.

He's using the lite version, and i am hosting with the gm version, I have tried with or without firewalls and everything suggested on other threads about nat port forwarding etc.

On my screen i see him login with "Player connected" but he's saying that his client is then just hanging. His port 1802 is open also. Ive tried everything and finding it annoying that i can see the connected part bit but his client hangs.

Anybody know whats up or will i have to try convince him to install Hamachi maybe.

thanks

Spyke
September 30th, 2009, 10:45
The most likely reason is that your campaign has a large amount of data which is transferring across to him, and it's taking a very long time, either because your upload speed is very slow or his download speed. Check to see if you have a lot of tokens or large maps. If you both run a utility such as DU Meter you can see if there's activity.

The easiest way around this, assuming you want to use all the data, is to leave both machines connected until it transfers, even if takes an hour or so. Just schedule that away from game time.

Spyke

Totalgit
October 9th, 2009, 23:37
Ah hah, thats for the suggestion of the DU meter program.

Seems Xfire is also using ports 1800-1809 and so i think thats conflicting with FG2.

Not had time to test it yet where we arnt both running it, but will do soon and let you know the results.