PDA

View Full Version : d20 and 4e Mods

mclarke250
September 29th, 2009, 20:40
I noticed while playing with some of the resource book mods for 4e that you can click and drag the weapons and armor onto the character sheet. Is there a way to do this with the resource book mods for d20? When I bring up a similar topic, it just gives me a big chart.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this topic.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2009, 23:45
There are 2 issues that need to be addressed in order for items to be draggable from modules onto the inventory:

1. The modules need to be built with each item as a separate database record. Currently, the equipment is merely a formatted text block, sort of like a web page. I'm not familiar with any d20 modules that break out the equipment this way.

2. The rulesets need to be modified to support dropping a separate item database link, in order to pull out information from that link. Without the module updates, it's not worthwhile to update the rulesets to support this. If some one were to build the modules, I would look into updating the d20_JPG ruleset to support drag-n-drop items onto character sheets.

Cheers,
JPG

Tenian
September 29th, 2009, 23:58
Not it!

so not it!

Bidmaron
October 2nd, 2009, 12:03
Tenian, you lost me there....

Tenian
October 2nd, 2009, 13:30
I'm just saying I did that for 4e and I'm not going to be the one to do it for 3.5/d20/pathfinder/what have you :)

Sorontar
October 2nd, 2009, 13:39
I'm just saying I did that for 4e and I'm not going to be the one to do it for 3.5/d20/pathfinder/what have you :)

I'm suprised you posted a second time, I imagined you instantly disconnecting your PC and huddled in a panic room gently rocking backwards and forwards :D