PDA

View Full Version : Req: Client level module deny\allow

Sigurd
September 28th, 2009, 19:37
My players generate a fair number of notes. I encourage this because, hey they're investing. :) The problem is that they become a lot of notes.

A logical change might be to allow the dm to deny\allow book access to clients.

ie... I create a book with jimmy's notes. I set permissions to (permission to ask). Jimmy logs on. He selects the background book and I allow him. Mary attempts to select the background book and I deny.

Right now the permission seems to be global. "Players have requested....." if you allow the request any player can look at them. If the book is specialized to one background\race\player you can't preserve that exclusive access.

I don't know how complex the client access control is. Would this be a big change?

Sigurd

I'd love to see a ramped up 'background' feature that would keep player notes and perhaps data in a player history only accessible by the DM or that player. That would be ideal. You could hand off an NPC or pregen with a real history beyond the 'notes' section of the character. You could share backgrounds and allow character elements based on race or geography etc....