PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easy way to transfer a module from one ruleset to another?

Xode
September 28th, 2009, 16:51
I started building a module im playing with the 3.5e ruleset that ships with FG2, before i found out that the combat tracker is screwed up and that i needed to upgrade it to another ruleset.

Now i've got the d20_JPG ruleset in the works on the FUM boards, but i need to convert all the work ive done so far in the 3.5e module to the new ruleset. Is there any easy way for me to save all the data entry work i've done already or do i have to start fresh in the new ruleset?

If theres any easy way, can someone please point me to a link or walk me through it?

Thanks in advance
Xode

Zeus
September 28th, 2009, 17:04
I don't play with either the 3.5e, d20 or d20_JPG rulesets but I believe they are data compatible.

Someone who does play with these rulesets, please confirm.

Assuming they are data comptitble you could try opening the mod file with WinZip and editing the <ruleset> tag in defintion.xml. You can then edit its value to be d20_JPG. Re-save the file and zip and load up FGII w/d20_JPG. You should now see the module in the Modules Activation window. You should now be able to reference it in the Library.

Alternativley you can also edit the d20_JPG ruleset to allow other ruleset modules to be recognised. The file to edit is base.xml, right at the bottom you should find a section marked as

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>

You can try changing the d20 value to 3.5e.

Xode
September 28th, 2009, 17:12
Thanks!

Follow up question tho...

Okay, so far i just have it saving the campaign, does it automatically save it as a module (im entering it from a paper book i bought) or do i have to run the export command first?

Nevermind, i tried just editing the Campaign files and it worked, THANKS a TON! :)

Zeus
September 29th, 2009, 00:30
Glad it helped.